Formatting email-double spacing?

Reaction score
I really need help with this

For those of you who don't know, most literary agents demand double-spaced manuscript samples within the body of the email and do not accept attachments on queries. I have been tearing my hair out over this and have tried all of the above with no success. the double spacing is not retained. entering a hard return after each line is out of the question. anyone have any other ideas? Many thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I just did it with Word 2011 and it held the double spacing. I also tried it with Pages and it do not hold the double spacing. I don't believe that Word is an option for the OP though.

Lisa

Reaction score
double spacing in imail

unfortunately i do not have word on this machine. i downloaded open office and did as you said and it worked. not a perfect solution, but i'll take it. thank you!:Mischievous:

M

MacInWin

For those of you who don't know, most literary agents demand double-spaced manuscript samples within the body of the email and do not accept attachments on queries. I have been tearing my hair out over this and have tried all of the above with no success. the double spacing is not retained. entering a hard return after each line is out of the question. anyone have any other ideas? Many thanks.
It's curious that they would insist on that because the formatting of what they see is entirely up to how THEY set up their end of the email process. You can do whatever you want, but the way email works the formatting of what is seen is done by the receiver system. That's why folks send images, PDF and Word files instead of trying to send formatted emails.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It's curious that they would insist on that because the formatting of what they see is entirely up to how THEY set up their end of the email process. You can do whatever you want, but the way email works the formatting of what is seen is done by the receiver system. That's why folks send images, PDF and Word files instead of trying to send formatted emails.
This. I can't believe that why someone would insist on a text being in the body of an email. That's a great way to butcher content not to mention it's more difficult to manage (wouldn't you want a file that was easily revised?).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.