For those using the app "Evernote", this article may be of interest.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
When Evernote began nagging about the subscriptions, I switched over to OneNote for my paltry note taking needs and have no use to pay a premium (even reduced) for Evernote.

OP
IWT

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I agree, Ashwin.

I think the concern some people have is that the loss of several top officials and the sudden reduction of charges may herald "a downward spiral" in the fortunes of Evernote - either leading to its demise or, more likely, to its being bought out by another company whose business case and ethos may be very different from we have come to expect.

Whatever, I thought it reasonable to draw people's attention to the linked article.

Ian

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I know a lot of Evernote folks switched to OneNote with the pricing change. Even Skitch, before Evernote bought it, was a useful app and then it became annoying to use. The problem is making money on these sorts of apps. Especially when big companies like MS release a free version of an app that does everything you're doing.There is no brand loyalty here.

My guess is that if you price it reasonably, people will pay, but $70 is a steep price to pay for an app to take notes when TextEdit might be fine for you. :)

OP
IWT

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.