Font in body of Mail

Reaction score
macOS Monterey. 12.2.1 Mail 15

When composing a new email, after I enter the Subject and then "tab" to the body and start typing the font stays the same as set in Mail > Prefs > Fonts & Colors > Message Font > Verdana 14.

And as I type and hit Return continuing to type the email the front stays at Verdana 15. BUT, if I manually move my blinking cursor to some where else in the Body the font changes to Helvetica 12.

Why does moving the cursor change the font and how an I fix this? I tried just about everything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Sounds like a bug.
Maybe it's the one thing you haven't tried. Do that.
Next, others who have Monterey (I don't) will test this out and post their results.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Why does moving the cursor change the font and how an I fix this? I tried just about everything.

Try adding or using the "Paste as quotation" or the "Paste and match Style" after you move the mouse pointer/insertion mark and or double check your mail settings preferences/

It might work... 😉
I just wish Apple would not change or drop features when things get upgraded...

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.