Flashing folder with question mark...

Reaction score
Kevriano you are absolutely the best it works, thanks a million your an absolute life saver!!

what worked exactly? I'm having the same problem... I'm running disk warrior now, but have gotten 53 disk malfunctions and it's only halfway done-there is no OS on the partition that I'm rebuilding. The other partition does have an OS though.

Hardware test shows that it's OK, so I'm confused at best.

I should mention that this is 10.5.8 as well.

thanks-
Dave

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue and so I guessed the Apple+S keys worked for Jssemi, but when i press Apple+S, it just goes to start up. It seemed like the fsck worked for Jssemi so i'm eager to try it but it's just not getting me to the single user screen.

Thanks!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I'm having the same issue and so I guessed the Apple+S keys worked for Jssemi, but when i press Apple+S, it just goes to start up. It seemed like the fsck worked for Jssemi so i'm eager to try it but it's just not getting me to the single user screen.

Thanks!

Which typically means you're waiting too long after boot to press them down.

Reaction score
any ideas for me

Which typically means you're waiting too long after boot to press them down.

I have a Powerbook G4
old harddrive boot normal I get flashing file folder
boot with option key held down I get circular arrow key and a arrow key pointing to the right. Pressing on either icon yields zero results.
boot holding down c or s key gives flashing file folder

install new hard drive
and get all the same results with the same options.

I have reset the PRAM key with no change. Any help?

Reaction score
HD not responding...

Hi there,
I have somewhat the same problem though my HD won't respond at all and are waiting for new HD to be installed shortly.

In the meantime I'm wondering if I can use "the rest of the computer" if I access it with a different HD?
So I have one Macbook Pro with a non responding HD and an old PowerBook with a broken screen. Additionally I have access to external HDs and an iMac.
Is there some way to use my old powerbook as HD for the newer MacBook? or said in another way, is the a way to use the screen on the newer MacBook for the older PowerBook? Or can I transfer my HD to the External hard drive and use that as a HD for the newer MacBook?

Thanks!
Hope you've some ideas for me to get one computer going from two half broken macs.. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.