• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

First taste of Apple's iCloud available with iTunes 10.3, iOS App Store

Reaction score
Someone mentioned seeing all the apps they have ever downloaded.
I know what they mean.
Is there anyway of deleting some of these off?
I have loads of crappy cheap and free ones I will never use again and I don't want to be constantly scrolling over them.

Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
As of right now, it is not available via Software Update. You'll have to go to the link above.

Are you sure? That's how I got 10.3 last night, and 10.3.1 this morning.

I tried getting a new song off of iTunes(from my mac), a free one, to see if it would send to my iphone after "buying" it, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right because it's not working. I have all the active downloads set to "on" on both my iphone and mac. What am I doing wrong? Is there a wireless sync that I have to press? Am I mistaken for what it's suppose to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
I just got 10.3.1 and downloaded songs purchased on my iPhone on my MB! The process was seamless and convenient just as advertised.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Are you sure? That's how I got 10.3 last night, and 10.3.1 this morning.

I tried getting a new song off of iTunes(from my mac), a free one, to see if it would send to my iphone after "buying" it, but I'm not sure if I'm doing it right because it's not working. I have all the active downloads set to "on" on both my iphone and mac. What am I doing wrong? Is there a wireless sync that I have to press? Am I mistaken for what it's suppose to do?

It is now and has been since sometime yesterday I believe. It was not at the time of that previous post.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP, 2.26GHz, 8gb RAM
Pretty sure a lot of people are going to be saying that. its funny how owners of other mobile devices are always comparing to the iPhone. The iPhone never compares to android. Read between the lines, iPhone and iOS is the standard.

Its almost as if not owning an iPhone is going against the trend. Odd how things have changed over the last 5 years for Apple and the Mac brand. Give it 10 - 15 more years and owning a PC will be considered the "non-conformist" choice. Ahhhh. The circle of life.

Very true. I got my Samsung Galaxy S (after having an iPhone 3G for 2 years) the day before the iPhone 4 came out (I was aware of it) and still love it but I really miss syncing with iTunes. There's apps out there that do it but... not very well and not through iTunes. Plus none of them that I've found support multiple SD cards.
Plus Google Music is only available in the US (invite only) so I have no access to any cloud! Looking forward to that contract running out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.26 8GB RAM 500GBhdd, iPhone 4, and iPad
thought the keynote said that iCloud would support 10 machines.

got itunes 10.3 downloading all my itunes purchased songs, even a couple CDs I had that I forgot about haha...

..love it...

Reaction score
I didn't have any issues syncing either iOS device last night after upgrading to 10.3. I resynced them (when i realized I didn't sync what I wanted) this morning after upgrading to 10.3.1.

I don't think you can get this anywhere else. Or can you?

Reaction score
Sad that this is not yet available in Canada, probably thanks to our stupid CRTC again

But at least it works for Apps and Books

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Touch 4Gen 32Gb iMac 21'5 , 4GB memory, Core2Duo 3.06 GHz, 1 TB Hard Drive
:Angry:
Don't get me started on the CRTC.
Bunch of fascist, elitist, controlling dictators #@_)*&#!!!!

I better :Lips-Are-Sealed:

Reaction score
:Angry:
Don't get me started on the CRTC.
Bunch of fascist, elitist, controlling dictators #@_)*&#!!!!

I better :Lips-Are-Sealed:

A sure-fire way to find out if someone's a Canadian: mention the CRTC

:p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.