First Impressions...

Reaction score
Here are some of my initial questions: How do I get Safari to save my tabs and pages so that when I put it to sleep or close the browser down it saves them and reopens them when I come back?

If you bookmark your tabs and place them in a folder on the Bookmarks toolbar, then when you click on the Folder and the menu drops down ... select the bottom option ... "Open In Tabs".

This is the only way to do it AFAIK.

To place your bookmarks in a Folder ... go to Bookmarks and then Show All Bookmarks and click on the Bookmarks Bar in the left pane. Then on the Desktop create a New Folder (I can't for the life of me find out how to create a new folder within Safari when I have the Show All Bookmarks page showing) and drag'n'drop it onto the right pane of the Safari Bookmarks page and just reorganise your Bookmarks into the new folder. You can bundle like bookmarks together to save space on your Bookmarks Toolbar if you like. I have tons of bookmarks so I have them organised in Folders.

OK, so now I know how to create a new folder .... Here's Safari Help:

To add a bookmark to the Bookmarks menu, open the webpage and click the Add Bookmark button in the address bar. Type a name for the bookmark and choose Bookmarks Menu from the pop-up menu.

To organize the bookmarks in the menu, choose Show All Bookmarks from the Bookmarks menu, then click Bookmarks Menu. Drag items up or down to arrange them. Select an item and press Delete to remove it.

If you add a folder of bookmarks to the menu, it appears as a submenu in the menu. To create a folder, click the Add (+) button at the bottom of the Bookmark column then drag bookmarks into the folder.

To change the name of a bookmark or folder, select it and press Return.

I like it when I delete a Bookmark from the Toolbar .... you select it and drag it off the page and it goes up in a puff of smoke like when you remove an item from the Dock ... cool!

OP
DeathtoToasters
Reaction score
Question....if I got the 17 inch, being that the resolution is higher, I could fit more on my screen at the same time...theoritaclly right?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Question....if I got the 17 inch, being that the resolution is higher, I could fit more on my screen at the same time...theoritaclly right?

Larger screen + higher resolution = more space on screen.

Reaction score
Following up on the right-click issue: if you enable it in System Preferences, simply tapping the trackpad with two fingers simultaneously will give you a right-click aka secondary click aka apple-click aka control-click.

Once you get used to the functionality, it makes it maddening to use a system that doesn't have that feature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.