FireFox playing with the browser????

Reaction score
Hello All

I just thought I'd put this out there, and see what you think.
I updated to Sierra right after it came out. I kept my FireFox browser or I went back to FF 48 because
in FF49 the drop down menu keeps (recently book marked) opened and greyed out.
then I started getting the notices, I mean they came slow at first then more often,
then about 3 days ago my browser really slowed down and I got the colored ball routine and then it
got worse... I had not choice but to upgrade, which I did yesterday and guess what, no "Ball"
I suspect that Mozzille was sending out some "bad code" I don't understand any other reason for
my browser to be good one day bad another then good again,
Best

Reaction score
I don't understand any other reason for
my browser to be good one day bad another then good again,
Best

It's called malware. Have you tried Malwarebytes?
Have you checked for extensions you didn't install?
Browsers don't "just go bad", things happen to them.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I seriously doubt that Mozilla would sabotage their own product it is much more likely that as suggested you had Malware and quite likely still do. Download an run Malwarebytes first and if the problem resolves or does not reoccur then you are in the clear. I run it on my MBP every month or so and I recommend everyone do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Mac Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 14,2 w/ 3.5 Ghz i7 24 GB RAM 3T Fusion Drive
Along with running Malwarebytes periodically, I recommend you install a FF extension called Extension Defender (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/extension-defender/?src=ss). It scans your FF installation and extensions for malware and other naughty bugs and allows you to clean them up. I have been infected more than once with the Genio crap and it does a good job removing it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.