Finder Freezing infinitely

Reaction score
After updating the latest Itunes earlier this week 9/15/10, My Finder is frozen, and the folders that were on desktop have disappeared or havent loaded. there is a constant wheel spinning on the desktop only.

Safari opens , google chrome and firefox do not open.

I am able to open everything but Finders. I switched users and was able to open finders. Anything I try to open takes at least 5 to 13 seconds to open.

I have run the apple diagnostic test and the results came back no problems with the hardware.

I am running Imac 10.5.8 leopard os x.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I am able to open everything but Finders. I switched users and was able to open finders. Anything I try to open takes at least 5 to 13 seconds to open.

In the overall context of your post, it is not clear to me if the last statement quoted above applies to the first account or the one you switched to. But, it does sound like there are major problems with that first account. So, dump it. Read up on how to transfer your files to the second account in Mac Help. If you have questions about what you read, post them here.

We could trade posts back and forth for days or weeks trying to determine what is wrong with that account, and how to fix it, and we might never get to the bottom of it. It's not worth the effort.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.