• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Fell EXTREMLY MAD I HATE WINDOWS PEOPLE

S

Sp4rk3

Hey,

Just wanted to point something out that, I dunno, maybe wasn't obvious before. But this is a Mac board, and...um...well, if you like PC's better than get off. It's not like you have to be here anyways. This board, (I'm guessing by the name, I mean Mac-forums could be code word for AppleBashers but hey, this is just my idea), was created for Mac users to first off switch, (and if you do have a problem against people who change from PC to Mac, why did you change?), and secondly hang out. I highly doubt that those who come on this board want to see this, (well, unless you come here to start this kinda stuff).

But that's just me.

-Sparks

Reaction score
It is possible for someone to like both Windows and Mac OS. I don't think a person should have to be labeled a Mac person or a PC person, it is possible to just be a general computer user that likes/uses both. I also don't think this forum would be a very interesting place if everybody that thought differently than you on issues was asked to leave.

S

Sp4rk3

mynameis said:
It is possible for someone to like both Windows and Mac OS. I don't think a person should have to be labeled a Mac person or a PC person, it is possible to just be a general computer user that likes/uses both. I also don't think this forum would be a very interesting place if everybody that thought differently than you on issues was asked to leave.

I'm not saying that they should be kicked. I'm just saying that if you want to express that opinion, please give a viable reason, not just, "you guys are all just a bunch of fanboys/fangirls". Not only that, but if you preffer PCs, (not just a user), or another various operating system. Why would you stay on these boards?

Again, just me talking here.

-Sparks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Just wanted to add my two cents here:

Instead of hating any particular group of users, and getting yourself worked up into a tissy fit...why not take a proactive approach? Be happy and thankful that you have a better machine, and in the mean time...help Windows users through their problems, and gently recommend a better solution. People become instantly defensive when you force your opinion on them.

We're missing the bigger picture here that computers are supposed to help humanity and make life better...not to cause a civil war.

So ignore people like Absolute Zero, he has been whining about the same problems for as long as I've been here. Ignore Mac haters, ignore PC haters. Find a positive middle ground and go from there...

Extremes will get you nowhere. Open your mind...

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Osiris22x said:
So ignore people like Absolute Zero, he has been whining about the same problems for as long as I've been here.
Whining... um, sure, if thats how you interpret it. You would be furious too if you were in my situation.

Witeshark, how can you blame your OS if the user has to activate a worm?

Reaction score
Sp4rk3 said:
Not only that, but if you preffer PCs, (not just a user), or another various operating system. Why would you stay on these boards?

You can find Mac OS and Apple hardware interesting even if you prefer other platforms/operating systems for what you perceive as their specific strengths.

S

Sp4rk3

Hey,

Although that's true, and I'm not trying to discourage those who may be that way. But when you're openly hating Macs, then you've overstepped those bounds and are just there to hate, not observe.

Again, just my ideas

-Sparks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Sp4rk3 said:
Hey,

Although that's true, and I'm not trying to discourage those who may be that way. But when you're openly hating Macs, then you've overstepped those bounds and are just there to hate, not observe.

Again, just my ideas

-Sparks

Really... Well AZ & I use a Mac, and we seem to hate the fanboyism that i get from other people, but then again it's a nice system.

*rips it apart*

die die die....

I guess it's because we use a PC too. They rock :D never had a serious problem with them either.

*rips a PC apart*
*fuses a G5 to the Abit motherbaord*

S

Sp4rk3

Hey,

Although you I've personally never had a serious problem with PC either, I've noticed that when I've used a Mac, I haven't had all the little things that have annoyed me on the PC. But hey, just me again.

Oh, and another thing, I've also noticed that I don't this this is in the right forum, but hey, just me.

-Sparks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
To all this I will add: windows is a very pretty OS and a terrific gamer. The registry is a fine system core if never exposed to the internet; obviously nothing can edit the registry if it's never on line AZ: the Norton website clearly shows registry edits not initiated by a user in virtually all worms cases :alien:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.4Ghz, 4GB ram, 160Gig hd, superdrive
i tried everything to my 120gig hd.. tired the recovery and loged in as administrator.. still didnt work.. went to the manufacters website also.. still didnt work.. so i bought a 200 gig and use the 120 as my second hd for my mac.. also i didnt want to format my 120gig hd because i did not save anything.. if i had formated it, i would have lost everything, including my family restaurants things (ie menu's,)..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
Absolute Zero said:
Whining... um, sure, if thats how you interpret it. You would be furious too if you were in my situation.

Yes, this is true. But I wouldn't come to a Mac board and bring everybody down, with grossly generalized statements like "Macs suck". Instead, I would work with Apple until the problem was resolved.

Reaction score
witeshark said:
To all this I will add: windows is a very pretty OS and a terrific gamer. The registry is a fine system core if never exposed to the internet; obviously nothing can edit the registry if it's never on line AZ: the Norton website clearly shows registry edits not initiated by a user in virtually all worms cases :alien:

Even if they do exist, if I haven't ever see one, then Why worry about them?

Z

zeppster

Have you guys forgot what being a Mac-user is all about?
Its about
-Being the minority
-Not bashing PCs
-Not showing off your fancy hardware
-Nicely informing ignorant people about the benefits of a mac
-Not getting into fights with people about which computer enviroment is better
-Smiling to yourself when you walk by a busy PC repair shop
-etc.

This is a friendly forum, please don't fight.

Reaction score
zeppster said:
Its about
-Being the minority
-Not bashing PCs
-etc.

Do Mac Users agree on this? Anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Kinda...

I have used windows, linux and now OSX. I have had my windows installation f*cked up, my linux installation was ok and my osx installation seems alright so far too.

Windows was f*cked up through crappy 3rd party software and lack of OS updates. But I managed to avoid the spyware/virus problems that plague most installations through common-sense internet practise. I'm not saying all people with viruses and spyware don't use common-sense, but in my experience (my parents for example) they simply don't know what is ok to install and what isn't...

Linux was fun, cause it was a challenge.. But it was a bit limited in certain respects (no audio editing apps à la logic or cubase)...

OS x has been the most enjoyable so far...

As for the hardware issues some of you have mentioned: That can happen with any company, any time, any where. My friends Siemens notebook's dvd drive crapped out on him after 2 weeks.

My cousins graphics card was dead-on-arrival....

Those issues don't relate to the platform you use at all IMO..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
zeppster said:
Its about
-Being the minority
actually no.. Chinese are the majority

-Not bashing PCs
Well.. I bash both Macs and PC's, more fun if you power them up and bash the living crap out of them.

Then i Guess you've not been to my blog, plenty of fancy hardware in there!

Yep... Mac's can't fly. Nor can PC's but at least you don't pay an arm and a leg for repairs.

Did you know that causing havoc is my middle name?

-etc.
I actually picc myself laughing when you lot post your threads about broken mac's or you can't do something and the help menu is like right there! Plus every system comes with a fully illustrated manual, unlike a PC.

This is a friendly forum, please don't fight.
Sure it's friendly, in fact it's so friendly that half of the blaming dictionary s in the censored section. No profanity not cursing and no windows... 'Ell the admin's house must be this really dark room.

V

vuschejan

Heh. But your right as far as both being great, I love to game, and program(which I do on both). But when it comes down to having the most fun, breaking the PC and then fixing it is definitley number 1. Macs and Pc's can fly, Just open a window and let them fly.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.