• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Favorite Superhero/hero from comic books or graphic novels?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, i5, SSD & 1TB, 8 GB
Mine would be Elektra. She is a total babe. Jennifer Garner really made the character even more sexy in the movie.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
I'd have to say Gambit from the X-Men comics would have to be my favourite comic book super hero. And I really liked him in the old cartoon X-Men series. The one that was on TV here quite a few years ago. The new X-Men TV series was just bad in so many ways

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4 Macbook pro 2.54 GHz i5, 4GB ram, 500 GB HD 5400 rpm. iPod Touch 32 GB
wow memories. I love usagi yojimbo, shi, lady death. As for more conventional stuff I love sabretooth and wildchild and blink all from age of apocalypse x men.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Others:
The Maxx
The vampire kids from Crimson
Aspen from Fathom
The murderous *******s from Ferrymen
Fairchild - Gen13
Shadowgirls - Online comic
Chew!

C

chas_m

I'm showing my age here, but my favourite comic book characters of my youth were the Green Lantern, the Spectre, and Dr. Strange (I was more of a DC kid than a Marvel kid).

I don't read that many "indie" comic books anymore but I used to enjoy a few.

I like a number of "online" comc strips and wish newspapers would kill off the strips whose creators have died and replace them with fresh comics. What's killing newspapers? Business decisions like that one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 crappy eMac, 1 broken eMac, 1 iPod Nano, 1 failing MacBook

Is that any good? I saw it at a Barnes and Noble and was partially confused and partially interested. I'm wondering if I should spend the time and effort to read it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Is that any good? I saw it at a Barnes and Noble and was partially confused and partially interested. I'm wondering if I should spend the time and effort to read it.

So far, not bad. It's wierd though. There's outlawed chicken, murder, cannibalism, and all around good times for all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1 crappy eMac, 1 broken eMac, 1 iPod Nano, 1 failing MacBook
So far, not bad. It's wierd though. There's outlawed chicken, murder, cannibalism, and all around good times for all.

I quickly looked through and it seemed... strange to say the least. Although strange is usually pretty interesting. :D

Reaction score
The "Man" Superman

Superman is by far the best super hero, What can't he do? But I like some others too. I like Spiderman because he is original, I like his style, how he get around and his poses. I like batman because he is smooth and can fight, and where do he get all those neat toys? I like aquaman but his powers are limited. I don't like Wonder Women because other than the cool invisible plane, all she can do is make people tell the truth (boring). Xmen are cool, Fantantic Four are cool, Hulk is ok, but the man of steel can do it all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
SuperMAN
SpiderMAN
BatMAN
AquaMAN
Wonder WoMAN
SandMAN
He MAN
BartMAN
X-MEN (More then one man).

Not very original names there :).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
SuperMAN
SpiderMAN
BatMAN
AquaMAN
Wonder WoMAN
SandMAN
He MAN
BartMAN
X-MEN (More then one man).

Not very original names there :).

Based on the myth/legend/fable/what have you. It's not exactly in the same category as the rest seing as how he's basically a god and not an alien/mutant/freak. And the character's name is Morpheus. He is the Sandman.

Unless you're talking about the crappy Spiderman villain.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Based on the myth/legend/fable/what have you. It's not exactly in the same category as the rest seing as how he's basically a god and not an alien/mutant/freak. And the character's name is Morpheus. He is the Sandman.

Unless you're talking about the crappy Spiderman villain.

I was referring to the names of the characters only. And not the lore/legend/design behind each one. And my point was so very uninspiring names for them all.

Yes some of who I listed have very interesting lore/stories. But the names of the characters. /sigh.

Reaction score
If you want to read something new and original, read Volume 1 of the Runaways.

Best new series is the last few years.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.