• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Favorite Movies - New or Old

OP
MaDDoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
four favorites that I forgot

Monty Python
Monty Python
Monty Python
Monty Python

Life Of Brian is hilarious....."Brian, youre a very naughty boy"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
Don't think I could pick a favourite so I just copied over my top-rated films from my IMDB vote history:

American History X (1998)
Back to the Future (1985)
Back to the Future Part II (1989)
Being John Malkovich (1999)
Cidade de Deus (2002)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)
The Godfather (1972)
The Godfather: Part II (1974)
Irréversible (2002)
Memento (2000)
Pulp Fiction (1994)
Requiem for a Dream (2000)
The Shining (1980)
The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
Trainspotting (1996)
United 93 (2006)
21 Grams (2003)
Children of Men (2006)
Crash (2004/I)
Fight Club (1999)
Forrest Gump (1994)
Goodfellas (1990)
Hotel Rwanda (2004)
Kill Bill: Vol. 1 (2003)
Kill Bill: Vol. 2 (2004)
Léon (1994)
The Prestige (2006)
Rain Man (1988)
Reservoir Dogs (1992)
Scarface (1983)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)
Twelve Monkeys (1995)
The Usual Suspects (1995)

These are only the ones I've got around to voting on and then only the ones I've rated highly - so there are many missing:black:

From the list above I can see 2 films I definitely wouldn't consider "favourite" films and probably won't be watching either any time soon - Irréversible and United 93 - These were given a high rating as they are two of the most powerful films I've seen in recent years. When a film goes beyond watching and enjoying and makes you react so emotionally it really is an amazing experience. That said, I will have to stress that they are not for everyone and will advise caution for Irréversible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.5ghz Powerbook G4 17" 2gb RAM
netflixxing?

at first i thought you were making fun of me for using such a nonsense word, then i realized through the rest of the posts you werent from the US... but yes, netflix is pretty cool, expecially when used in conjuction with mediafork

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
A Beautiful Mind, Russell Crowe
I had never cried so much in my life watching one movie—from beginning to the end, and after.

OP
MaDDoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had never cried so much in my life watching one movie—from beginning to the end, and after.

Yep...good flick JT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dirty, Rutten Scoundrels, Tom Hanks
An excellent comedy

Scent of a Woman, Al Pacino and Matt Damon
Pretty funny

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video

That movie had possibly the best twist in any plot I've ever seen. It was a very well written movie. I remember watching it in my high school psychology class. Too bad Russell Crowe just likes to fight a lot in real life.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The Shawshank Redemption, engaging and very well-acted by both Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman.
Memento , full of twists and turns, original and you never know what the true reality is.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
cwa, have you seen the machinist or primer? i'd guess you may really like these if you liked memento.

I haven't, but I believe my wife saw The Machinist and did mention that it reminded her of Memento. I'll have to check both out. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That movie had possibly the best twist in any plot I've ever seen. It was a very well written movie. I remember watching it in my high school psychology class. Too bad Russell Crowe just likes to fight a lot in real life.

No one is perfect. He would have been, otherwise.

Reaction score
i really liked the movie accepted, it was a good movie, but justin long was in it and so everything was mac.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, i needed to watch it twice, might have wached it three times. watched the machinist twice, though that was to satisfy my own plot curiosity. ;)

OP
MaDDoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Going to see The Shooter this weekend and from what I have seen in the shorts, it may bcome one of my faves...full review after I have seen it Sunday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
cwa, have you seen the machinist or primer? i'd guess you may really like these if you liked memento.

It's scary to see Christian Bale in The Machinist and then in Batman Begins. He weighed like 90lbs in one and 160lbs in the other...

I think my new favorite (as far as recent movies go) is Reign Over Me. I'm a huge Sandler fan and he proved he can do a **** of an acting job in this...Punch Drunk Love, not so much...

I did like Punch Drunk Love though....it just didn't have what Reign Over Me did...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.