Expensive Cases

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
leopard macbook pro 17" | ipod touch
I had my first one in high school, and used it daily, once I got my car, I started using it all the time. Now that I have a direct connection to my stereo, instead of an FM transmitter, I won't listen to anything but my iPod.

Heh, i still use the crappy transmitter every time i ride out, it's better than having to carry 100 cds in my car.
Then i pop it out and walk to class with it, and i plug it into speakers to listen in the shower. My ipod definitely gets frequent use.

As for a case, i got mine for $5 at specproducts, i luv it.

kitty-d4.jpg

ipodkitty5.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Heh, i still use the crappy transmitter every time i ride out, it's better than having to carry 100 cds in my car.
Then i pop it out and walk to class with it, and i plug it into speakers to listen in the shower. My ipod definitely gets frequent use.

-snip-

I carried around 100 cds around daily, along with a cd player before I got my ipod. I can't believe I waited so long to get an iPod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz

OMG, what a cute case!!! I wonder if it will fit in my 2G ipod nano???

Edit: Oops, it doesn't fit :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aww that's too bad :( It only fits mine cuz it's the ghetto old one i guess.

Reaction score
I went to the Apple store and looked at cases for an ipod nano (2nd gen) And the chepest one is 30 dollars! (Canadian) Which i do not want to pay. My girlfriend wanted one of those Ipod socks. They only come in packs of 6 and we only wanted one. So I went on ebay and I didn't even have to do any hunting. There were hundereds of hits for "ipod socks" 4 of which were ending within an hour. I picked one that cost 2.99 and no one had bid on it yet. And within 10 minutes of logging on to my computer I bought 6 ipod sock cases for 11 Canadian Dollars.

That is 1\4 of the price!

I love my mac and my ipod but those cases are the biggest rip off ever.

I saw an ipod nano case (just a gel covering) for 40 dollars, one case. I mean really, why the huge cost?

Thoughts?

I got my 30gb Video Ipod during V-day, I wanted to get a case but found the decent ones are at least $30. After a week I had gotten a scratch or two, everyone I asked told me not to get one. Its a rip off but if you get one, I suggest you get one thats decent. Get one with a stand especially if you have a video ipod. Other then that your ipod will get scratched sooner or later. I doubt you'll use it for 10 years.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4 15' - Ultimate Drive- 100GB hard drive
Wow, lots and lots of posts. it sounds like everyone is happy with their cases no matter how much they cost. I still think apple could bring their prices down a little on the cases and the other companies will either follow or apple will get all of the case market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
I HATE CASES!!! If you buy a case, what is the point of getting a Black or White iPod?!

SHOW IT AS IT IS!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
If you think some of the cases are expensive, try looking at the Vaja cases. Expensive at $70 a case, but by far, the beautifullest case I've seen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I HATE CASES!!! If you buy a case, what is the point of getting a Black or White iPod?!

SHOW IT AS IT IS!!!

A case isn't just about appearances. I'd rather have a scratch free screen than show off it's color.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 MDD dual 1ghz, 2 gigs RAM; 5.5G iPod, 2G iPod Shuffle
I wouldn't think of using my Video iPod without my iSkin. My brother's video is scratched pretty badly, but mine is literally in brand new condition after 4 months. He has no case for his....

I use it in my truck, 40 hours a week at the office, and it's traveled to Europe with me. I've dropped it a couple times, and still perfect.

My iPod Mini I had previously didn't need a case as I wasn't worried about the monochrome display getting scratched. However the nice color display on the video matched with the chrome backing just begged for some protection.

Spending $35 to protect the device that keeps me sane at work? Worth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.