Echo when talking on the phone

Reaction score
Just bought an iPhone mini. From the first call, I’ve noticed when I make or receive a call, there’s an echo. It’s quite distracting at times.

Is there a simple solution to this?

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Echo is usually caused by feedback. Turn off the speakerphone if you have it on.

I use the speakerphone often when on a long call but have not noticed an echo although the reception is generally not as good as from the earpiece.

OP
T
Reaction score
No it’s not on speakerphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
When I have heard the echo, it is from the cell system itself, not something going on the in the phone. I don't know of any fix for it as it related to the cell system and the provider there.

OP
T
Reaction score
When you say the cell system, do you mean the phone company? If so why don’t I get feedback on my android?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
For me, echo varies from location to location and is not permanent, just occasional. If you are hearing it more often, I would call Apple about getting a replacement. And yes, I mean the cellular provider and the technology of the towers through which the signal passes.

Reaction score
Just bought an iPhone mini. From the first call, I’ve noticed when I make or receive a call, there’s an echo. It’s quite distracting at times.

Is there a simple solution to this?

Are you talking about hearing yourself echo back as you talk? If so, 99.9% of the time (in my experience) that means the person you're talking to is using a Bluetooth device to talk to you and as soon as they switch to the handset instead, you no longer hear yourself echo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.