dual charger/headphone jack for iphone 7?

Reaction score
Inherited my mother's iphone 7. Like it, but there is no headphone jack. As you know I have to use the charger jack with a headphone adapter.

Are there any dual chargers/headphone adapters out there that work? I've been on Amazon, but the ones i've seen have bad reviews; all the buyers say don't purchase it and they'll be returning theirs. All were supposed to be MFI certified.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't know of any. When I had my 7+ I just charged it first and then used the headphone jack with adapter. Maybe a bit inconvenient but you'll get used to it.

Reaction score
I don't know of any. When I had my 7+ I just charged it first and then used the headphone jack with adapter. Maybe a bit inconvenient but you'll get used to it.

Care to recommend an adapter? :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I assume you are talking about the 3.5mm headphone to Lightening adaptor. I can say from experience these things are a bit of a pain. Sometimes the iPhone will not recognise it or calls it a 3rd party device and rejects it. Usually not with the Apple product though so I would be careful about buying 3rd party adaptors of any sort unless you can "try before you buy."
In the long term, if you intend to stick with Apple devices investing in a pair of headphones with either Bluetooth or Lightening connection would be the best solution.
On the topic, Pioneer have an "in ear" earphone model with both a Lightening connector and a charging port so you can charge your device while you listen. It's the only one I know of, my wife has a pair and they are pretty good.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Just to add to what Rod said, there is an Apple version of this adapter. It has both the 3.5 mm connection and a lightning connector for charging. I have used that device a few times and it works well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.