Downloading Windows 10 to register with windows 7 registration number.

Reaction score
My Macbook Pro is 5 years old now, so I have just bought a new MacBook Pro. On my previous Macbook Pro I ran Windows 7. I thought I could, & wanted to continue with Windows 7, but I see I can't put it on the new Macbook Pro with Bootcamp. I never upgraded my Windows 7 to 10 because I preferred 7. It seems that in spite of being over the time limit I can still use my Windows 7 registration key to install a windows 10 onto the Macbook Pro. When I looked at the Windows site to download Windows 10 onto a flash drive it said something about an installer, or suchlike. Will this be a problem with Bootcamp? I would be grateful for any help & advice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
OP
G
Reaction score
It can be done although getting it activated can be hit or miss. Actually Windows will run without being activated. It just nags you to death.

Here are two links to articles explaining how.

This one is for upgrading a windows PC to W10 but it has some useful links for downloading the
All the Ways You Can Still Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

This one discusses how to install off of a USB.
How to Create Windows 10 Bootable USB On Mac OS in 6 Steps

Lisa

Thank you Lisa.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.