Downgrading iTunes (from 7 to 6)??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac
I have just switched from a PC and my shiny new iMac has just spent 2 days analysing my library for gapless music - while it did this I could hardly do anything else in iTunes. There should be an option to turn this feature off. There should also be a feature to manually scan albums, for example, I have some classical music on there and things like The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, Wish You Were Here, etc. I probably have 30 albums that would benefit from this feature and I know which ones they are.

I'm now scared to do the first sync to my iPod if it is going to do the same thing on it.

The "ease of use" was the reason I made the switch to a Mac after 25 years as a PC user - not a good start after 4 days when iTunes on the PC has worked fine for me for 2 years!

Jack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gig ram, 120 gig-----Powerbook G3 Pismo 500, 1gig ram, 80 gig HD, DVD/CD-RW
The "ease of use" was the reason I made the switch to a Mac after 25 years as a PC user - not a good start after 4 days when iTunes on the PC has worked fine for me for 2 years!

Jack.[/QUOTE]

Well dont let 1 application ruin your whole view of the mac. they are tons easier to use and everyone can agree that the new itunes sucks! The sync option, i believe randomly takes songs to fill your ipod, my friend lost all of her music doing the sync option. I would make sure you have the manually manage music selected. But, if you are interested, i kept the install file for the previous WORKING version of itunes (6.0.5). i have it installed and that stupid gapless feature is gone! woo! so i dont know how i could get it to you, maybe through an instant messenger transfer, but im willing to help you out! let me know...
-dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20-inch 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac
desrosiers13 said:
But, if you are interested, i kept the install file for the previous WORKING version of itunes (6.0.5). i have it installed and that stupid gapless feature is gone! woo! so i dont know how i could get it to you, maybe through an instant messenger transfer, but im willing to help you out! let me know

Thanks for the kind offer Dave - Version 7 seems to have calmed down now that it has analysed my entire library. I still have my PC library on my laptop, so even if syncing with V7 screws up my iPod I should be able to get back to where I started.

I'm not going to let this experience cloud my view of the iMac - I'm enjoying getting it set up even though it's taking a while. I have another issue with Firefox seeming to download files other than the ones I want but I've started another thread about that.

I'm sure I'll get there LOL

Cheers,

Jack.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.