Disk utility is stuck in SHOW ALL DEVICES view

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Could be, Charlie, but you would think there would be some sort of prompt about that. And if it's the default, they probably should remove the other options. I do have to say Apple has been a bit sloppy about that sort of thing lately.

krs

Reaction score
Mine is the same as Jake's. I'm unable to change the view. I wonder if it is intentional when running Catalina?
Don't think so - Bernard is running Mojave and he has the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I have Catalina, and I can change views whenever I want.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" 5K 1 TB ssd OS = Monterey 12.6.1
What would happen if I reinstalled the OS ?

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Bernard,

For what it's worth, I see no point in reinstalling the OS. The issue with the viewing options in Disk Utility (DU) is trivial and is not going to affect you. Moreover, a reinstallation might make no difference.

I reinstalled macOS Mojave and I have the same situation as you.

What's more, reinstallation is not a straightforward procedure - I actually posted a new Thread on this very matter. In my case, the new OS came as 10.14.4. I then had to use the Mojave Combo Installer to bring it up to 10.14.6. The hassle factor is high and I wouldn't recommend it in your case. BTW since I went through all this, there have been 2 further security and other updates.

Unless I've missed something in earlier posts, your Mac is otherwise working OK?

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.