Disk Drill Pro On Sale

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That's a pretty good test TM. Going a bit above and beyond the call I'd say. I guess that's the kind of dedication we can expect of someone who wins MOTM. Unfortunately, you still have to give up the badge all too soon.:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yeah, but that's to be expected. It's only in cases of very recent deletions where the name is recoverable and even then, I'm rather surprised it is recoverable. Pretend you have a library of books, and you've removed the dust covers and stripped any reference to their title. To find that book, you have a card catalogue sorted by name, and that card tells you where on the shelf that book is. Now... throw away the card. The book is still on the shelf, but "nameless" and hard to find. That's what happens when you delete a file. You "throw away the card" when you delete a file, but the file technically exists until the space it occupies is overwritten. At least. that's my understanding on a very simplistic level.

WHAT !! NO, they get the files back on NCIS ~ Los Angeles from a water damaged blown up HDD . . . ., but in all seriousness . . . .

. . . . I get all that, and understand the why, but its still a gripe. Just opened a Saved scan, and on further look, its some what easy to find a image you are looking for, being able to use whats in the Description Bar, ie: Size in Dimension and/or MB with being RAW or jpeg, it took me less than 2 minutes to find a single image.
DDP does a good job at grouping in lots 1000 images, so I'm happy about that.

I suppose thats the price you pay for such software though isn't it.

That's a pretty good test TM. Going a bit above and beyond the call I'd say. I guess that's the kind of dedication we can expect of someone who wins MOTM. Unfortunately, you still have to give up the badge all too soon.:D

Gonna need a Bulldozer mate to yank my Stars away from me ;P

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Gonna need a Bulldozer mate to yank my Stars away from me ;P

That's what I thought too. LOL. But that Vansmith fellow is pretty persistent when it comes to such matters. He's got minions everywhere.:D

OP
pigoo3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
They have surely hooked me in now.

I just scanned the Original 750GB HDD I have in my MBP, (SSD in Optical Drive is my Boot Drive) and got unbelievable results. I ended up wiping the 750GB and use it solely as my Data Drive with all Apps on the SSD.

As to Data Rescue 3, the same scan, took 4x as long, and didn't bring up the same files.

Pretty interesting. Kind of surprising two recovery apps could have such differing results & speed.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Pretty interesting. Kind of surprising two recovery apps could have such differing results & speed.

- Nick

Yes I was surprised at the difference too. That was before I did the update to DR3, which took away ALL the animations and made some performance updates, so ill have to rescan it (i did not save it either) and will go through both and see the difference then.
5 hrs was a long time though so I do hope there is some performance leap.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.