Digital Photography Camera's

Reaction score
Well congratulations on the G9.

I hope that you don't feel like you made a bad choice, because you didn't.

The G9 is a great camera. Compact, yet has a lot of capability. Hey, you can even shoot RAW ;)

Remember, in the end, the photo is what counts. It doesn't matter what kind of camera you have. The photographer is the person that will take the photo and determine its outcome.

Be creative, and practice! Your camera will definitely work out well for you.

To be honest, one of the best ways to learn photography, (other than books etc') is to imitate photos that you see on photography websites.

See a photo of a flower? Well go take a picture of a flower. It doesn't have to be the same flower, but compose the image as similar as you can.

Read your cameras manual, and learn the functions.

I wish you the best, and know you'll do great. (Even though your camera is not a DSLR - which really, really, really, is not a big deal at all)

All the best,
-AC

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Thanks people! I dont have any regrets! The camera is awesome! Even though its my first high end camera. I really appreciate all the suggestions / help you guys have provided. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I'm actually very keen in doing photography. Seriously willing to commit to it. My current budget is around 500USD.

Wow! For that amount, I'd go for a Fuji S9600. Advice from a digicam guru just last week was that Canon are struggling to compete in technical quality with Fuji and Sony. My personal preference is Fuji, great quality, great to use, great with Macs.

Edit: Oops, sorry, didn't notice your last post. So you've bought the G9 - enjoy!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.