Design studio fail

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
...I wish I could say the same.
Unfortunately I have received logos and concepts from people in the following "formats":
  • MS Word
  • MS PowerPoint
  • A veritable mess of a comp made up of various pilfered images and elements from the internet... done by someone who is self-admittedly "not that good with Photoshop"
  • A collection of small, grainy and blurry photographs taken with what would appear to be a decent camera
  • Concepts that were crudely drawn, photocopied, and then faxed to me
  • Ideas that were literally drawn on a cocktail napkin
  • Something made up of magazine and newspaper clippings, taped to a piece of 8.5" x 11" printer paper

Logos in MS word I have gotten. Napkin, and poorly photocopied sketches got that too. This is mainly from my other job as a freelance technical illustrator. Just imaging trying to decipher that gives me headaches. I get to charge them a lot per drawing for that, and they keep doing it so...at least it's worth it.

I haven't gotten a newspaper/magazine montage yet. Although I don't image that too be so bad because at least they kind of have an idea of a color palette and what they want the type to look like? >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Looking at it, it might form the basis of a canny marketing strategy, I might even use the idea.

Register a domain and put up a site that is so awful that bloggers, forums and social network sites will flock to it, just to mock how bad it is.

Just wait while the links pile up and its Google ranking rises from all that attention.

Replace the site with a professional one, once its ranking has gone way up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini - 2.26 Ghz C2D - 2 GB RAM - 160 GB HDD
Plus, why would you use AutoCAD for a website? Just curious...

Why, to model those super professional animated 3d gifs of course!

Reaction score
From memory the Mini was designed on the back of an envelope, so maybe napkins aren't so bad ;-)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.