deleted voice mail in error

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2017 running Mojave, iPhone 12, iPad 6th generation
I just received a phone call from my DR and he left voice message. I listened to a recorded voice message.
I wanted to keep it but I think I have deleted it in error.
is there a way I can access the deleted voice mails and retrieve it?
iPhone 12

well I discovered that I had not deleted it. I played it again and have made a copy for safekeeping.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unfortunately, once you delete a voice mail it's gone unless it has been moved to "the deleted voice mails" on your iPhone. If it's there, you can retrieve it again.

If that doesn't work, it may be possible with your carrier. Give their customer service a call and ask them if they have retained a copy of the voice mail.

Finally you can call your doctor's office and ask for the information again.

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had searched online and there were a few options... could not find where to access 'deleted message' on iPhone. how does one find that deleted message option.... I dont see it on my iphone.

the suggested options were thru iTunes or finding on computer... or third party app.

so I was so happy when I was going thru the options on voice mail... and discovered it was still there.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
so I was so happy when I was going thru the options on voice mail... and discovered it was still there.

Well, I guess your problem then is no longer a problem. :)

Anyway, when you delete a voice mail it doesn't get permanently deleted until you select "deleted voice mails" and delete it from there. However, I think that depends on your carrier. My carrier here in the US is
T-Mobile and that option appears on my iPhone 12 mini running iOS 14.6.

OP
lori5060
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I guess your problem then is no longer a problem. :)

Anyway, when you delete a voice mail it doesn't get permanently deleted until you select "deleted voice mails" and delete it from there. However, I think that depends on your carrier. My carrier here in the US is
T-Mobile and that option appears on my iPhone 12 mini running iOS 14.6.

well it must be my carrier then .. cuz I (here in Canada) dont get that option... iPhone 12 running latest update!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.