"Default Desktop" HELP!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huatucool

Hi everyone, I am in deep troubles now!!!

I renamed my home directory without entering my password (authentication) (The orignal account name is "raymond huang" and "RLH" as the short name. I changed it to "..." and "RLH" is still the same b/c i can't change it.)

Then I restarted my computer, and my home directory contents and preferences appear to be lost! And my home directory subfolders (Documents, Pictures, and so forth) are empty!

I tried to follow the apple/support online but didn't find it is helpful to me.
APPLE/SUPPORT: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107854

On the apple/support, it says to check if the missing home directory is present or not. But how do i know WHAT home directory looks like and if it is present or not?

Also, I don't see "new home directory" in the "Users" folder as described in step 2.
All i see is 13 folders, 12 folders are RLH, RLH 1, RLH2, RLH 3,.....RLH11 (b/c I restarted and loged out for 12 times), Folder "RLH11" is the icon of a House. The last folder is "Shared", which has a subfolder "GarageBand Demo Songs".

all my files are on the HD but i can't access!

Please help me out!
I have projects saved and they are due on Friday!!!

Thanks a lot!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I already told you not to double post, I answered your question in the only thread I didn't delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.