DDrum4 electronic drums to GarageBand issue

Reaction score
I've been recording a bunch of covers with a buddy using the built in drum programming in GarageBand. This week I dusted off my old DDrum4 electronic kit and it's working perfectly so I want to record those to GarageBand. I'm using an old Mac Mini late 2010. I've been singing through a condenser mic plugged into a Zoom H4n digital interface via USB to the MAC which was worked perfectly. It handles a ton of vocal tracks and guitar no problem. The problem is that the drums aren't recorded properly. They pause, overlap, speed up, miss hits, and are unusable.

The only thing I can guess is that it has something to do with the USB to the MAC and the analog to digital conversion. Either that or the MAC somehow doesn't like the digital signal for the drums even though it likes the same interface for the microphone. Both are analog signals going into the H4n and then converted to digital to output via USB to the MAC. Is the H4n having issues converting the drums to digital for some reason even though it has no issues converting my vocals? The H4n is having no problems recording the drums on it's own so I can send that MP3 to GarageBand. I can also use the line out on the H4n into the line in on the MAC and that works too. I guess it's no different except it's the mac that is converting to digital instead of the H4n. I'm not sure how much that matters if any. It sounds ok but I have to adjust the line out volume etc... Would be nice to just be able to use the same USB as the microphone uses.

Thanks for any insight on this!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.