Data transfer between iPhone 5 and Macmini (2010)

C

chas_m

Your impression comes from a host of erroneous misconceptions, but you seem to be quite enamored of them so I wouldn't dream of dissuading you.

The big problem you're having, by and large, is two fold: UWCM (sometimes also known as PEBCAC) and having forgotten that old/outdated software + newer hardware = rarely works well (and this has been true since the dawn of the home computer, if not earlier).

M

MacInWin

Thanks for the reply and for the reminding me about Image Capture. iTunes was the problem. I can move the photos off the iPhone, but I can't put a photo on the iPhone? That's not very nice. I had a GzOne "Rock" before this iPhone5 and and with its simm card I could get my computer to at least allow me to open the files and manipulate to your heart's content. No doubt the door is locked against the possibility of my Apple iPhone 5 being able to upload my music? Guess the phone wasn't really the worth I thought it would be.

This should not be an issue, but it's beginning to dawn on me that this phone is just a cash register.
Nonsense! I transfer pictures to my iPhone all the time. Using iTunes. Same for music. Open iTunes, open the tab for your iPhone (attached), select Music, now select what you want to sync. Same process for Photos. Sync. They go to your iPhone.

If you can't get it going, you aren't doing it correctly.

OP
Dustball
Reaction score
You're right. I was not doing it correctly. It'll take some time to figure it out, but I can see how to put items on the iPhone. Thanks.

M

MacInWin

Great! See, it's just a learning curve. Not really steep, but you gotta climb it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27'' (late 2012) runs El Capitan; MacBook 13'' (late 2008) runs Yosemite
Alternative

I'd say that iTunes is not the only app in the world. Try DiskAid - I like it for not being picky about syncing and allowing me to do exactly what I want with data on my iPhone. A word of warning though - this app lets you do everything, including messing up your phone. Use with caution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.