DASHBOARD Customization Thread

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.26 Quad, 6GB DDR3, iPhone 4
Silverfroth said:
Ok - I've touched mine up a bit.

Who uses the muli-dashboard widget? How well does that function? I had problems loading mine up.

How you get a white calculator?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Fallooza said:
after a restart or if you log out and log backin, do you have ta turn the dash off everytime?
After a restart, yes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini Mac
Adam said:
How you get a white calculator?

From the widgets available on apple.com - It's called the PodCalculator - or maybe Pod cal - it's Pod something.

Reaction score
Hey all!
I think that the Desktop Customization thread is great. Besides just being cool, every one in a while I pick something up from people's posts. Like a cool new app or a customization tool. So I thought it would be cool to start a Dashboard thread, to let people post their Dashboard screenshots. Besides showing off, I'm sure people will learn about new widgets.
If you're wondering how to get a screenshot of your dashboard, I find it easiest to use the Capture widget, available here: Capture Widget
Ok, so lets get started!

When i click on Wadget Capture it says
"Looking for something at Apple.com?
The page you tried was not found. You may have used an outdated link or may have typed the address (URL) incorrectly."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4, 1.5ghz, 512Mb RAM, 60gig HDD, DVD/CDR, OS 10.4.8
Does anyone find that using skins in ShapeShifter slows their machine down?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I keep seeing screen shots with docks that lack the grey background. How do I do this?

Oh yeah, here's my dashboard :p

picture10yv.jpg

Reaction score
I keep seeing screen shots with docks that lack the grey background. How do I do this?

Have a look at ClearDock if you want to change the default Dock background. (Click Here)

ClearDock removes the semi-transparent white background from the Dock under Mac OS X Panther and Tiger so the Dock icons are "floating" on top of your desktop picture. Additionally, it can change the colors of application triangles and of the Dock background to completely customize your desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Thank you pulse.

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how to get the weather for San Diego, CA instead of San Diego, TX? I don't think its 100 degrees here right now...

Yes. Enter the name of the town in the back right?... Then press enter... Then you'll get a list of 51 possible "San Diego's"... Choose from it while being amazed at all the San Diego's in the world.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
What widget is the one that says "Man is a clever animal who behaves like an imbecile"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.