Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Yeah I've been wondering that too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
How is this thread still open? :radioacti

No Mods Online but I think remove the Crap at the Start and let's have an Open discussion about this (DRM, Downloading, Software, etc)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And I'm a college student!

That's the problem, we aren't all Students and some people use Computers merely as a Hobby. I would like another License added Non Commercial License. In most scenarios if you are not a Student you are forced to pay the same price as a Business would, yet you receive no return on your investment in comparison.

I personally don't advocate Piracy but there is alot of areas where it is justified, the above being just one.

Reaction score
That's the problem, we aren't all Students and some people use Computers merely as a Hobby. I would like another License added Non Commercial License. In most scenarios if you are not a Student you are forced to pay the same price as a Business would, yet you receive no return on your investment in comparison.

I personally don't advocate Piracy but there is alot of areas where it is justified, the above being just one.

YOU are a good man! :headphone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

Well theres no student discount for toast, and as for programs like MS Office, the discount still sucks, $120? Please. Not to mention, getting the student discount requires all of checking a box, and not that many companies offer one and when they do, it sucks. Although I will say the Mac discount wasnt bad, but refurb was still cheaper.

Using computers merely as a hobby? Dude stuff costs money, bottom line. I go to the movies as a hobby, but last time I checked it cost money. If you sneak in you risk getting thrown out.

By using the Mac, theres a TON of free alternatives, and they're legal, and in some cases, really close to the orignal (such as Gimp/Oo).

LOL Your personal enjoyment somehow justifies breaking the law? Rape any women lately?

And why should you recieve anything in "return" if you're using it for your own personal entertainment? I wish someone gave me 10 bucks next time I go out to dinner as a return on my investment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
no point in doing illegal stuff and this forum doesnt allow it.

read the rules !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I never mentioned getting them free, Did I?

I said that if Software licenses were fairer for the needs of the individual then it would help reduce piracy. I'm not saying that it would stop all but it would stop alot of people out there.

So for instance, if I use computers as a Hobby why should I pay the same price per computer as a Business who will be generating profit off it? Simply put at the moment it's not Fair.

Why should I buy Music off iTunes when I can't even play them on my Zune or Xbox 360? iPods are popular at the moment but I hope to have my Music Collection a bit longer than until the next "craze" comes in.

As soon as Companies and Governments start thinking about the Consumers and there needs instead of trying to put us in a Corner with restrictions the more we will try to fight back.

Take the AACS action today against Digg, it generated ore interest and more knowledge then any of the Blogging stories out there it was linking to.

Reaction score
And why should you recieve anything in "return" if you're using it for your own personal entertainment? I wish someone gave me 10 bucks next time I go out to dinner as a return on my investment.

You get something in return when you go out to dinner - you get dinner ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
An Xbox 360 can't play an audio cd? Really? ;)

And dont use the Z word.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
As soon as Companies and Governments start thinking about the Consumers and there needs instead of trying to put us in a Corner with restrictions the more we will try to fight back.

Dude software costs money. They're not charging you an arm and a leg for bread and milk here. Get a job, save up, buy what you want.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
An Xbox 360 can't play an audio cd? Really? ;)

Yea and my Post Box isn't broken but I still don't send Letters to my Sister in Australia when I can E-Mail instead.

Technology is great isn't it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
I would think that burning mp3s on a dvdr with nearly 5 GBs of space for songs and then importing it would be enough, my mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.