Couples Engagement Photos

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook (black) 2.0 ghz CTD/2gb RAM. iPod Nano Gen 1 (4 GB)
well i personally am a cannon/L guy myself, but I like nikon also never used pentax though, sorry you didn't get your C&C like you wanted, but hopefully you'll remain comfortable here.

I'm done with this place just as soon as they remove the copy of my image that villageidiot made. This and the other ones recently have sort of soured my opinion of this forum.

SLC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Good luck to you.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I've seen a mod hanging around for a while now, is my image coming down or what?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
rolleyes.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
So I've seen a mod hanging around for a while now, is my image coming down or what?

probably not, he was just reading through deciding weather or not to close the thread. the image will probably stay there since its with in forum rules to leave it there.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Even if it's watermarked with a copyright?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe...but the original wasn't and I didn't remove it.

Bottom left corner. I'm told that marking it with my mark and date is copyrighting the mark is there on your attachment. You really were out of line with that. Can't you find somewhere in your profile that has your attachments and delete this one?

SLC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Bottom left corner. I'm told that marking it with my mark and date is copyrighting the mark is there on your attachment. You really were out of line with that. Can't you find somewhere in your profile that has your attachments and delete this one?

SLC

Oh wow...when people ask for recommendations on watermarking, I tell them to do it large and in plain view for that reason...

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

No it's not coming down.

Under US Law, his use of your image is covered under "Fair Use". Specifically see in bold:

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.

You opened up the photo to Fair Use by posting it and asking for advice. Village Idiot was commenting and critiquing the image...in effect teaching as well.

I'm sorry you don't like our forums. Good luck finding somewhere that better suits your needs.

AND BTW
I'm sorry to once again have to remind everyone in this thread that personal attacks and flaming are not permitted here. The forum rules are very clear.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well it's gone and that's a good thing. I live in University housing and am surrounded by law students, I called up my neighbor and he said that fair use laws are very vague.

I gave Village idiot no permission to use my image, I did allow for it to be viewed publicly by posting it, and that is the extent of it. Make no mistake, I take this very seriously. I would have not had any problem if it had been anyone except Village idiot making the comments. Perhaps I wouldn't have agreed but I know his/her comments were made in an attempt to be inflammatory. He/she has the advantage of being a well known member and having a strategic position of appearing to play by the rules. I can go to one of his/her posts and totally slam the image but say it was done in an attempt to teach and what would you all have to say about it. Only Villageidiot and I would know what was really going on. This is why this thread seems the way it does.

Make no mistake, if my image appears anywhere else on this forum without my permission, there will be action taken.

SLC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well it's gone and that's a good thing. I live in University housing and am surrounded by law students, I called up my neighbor and he said that fair use laws are very vague.

I'm glad you're listening to a "law student" for advice. Good move!

Fair Use is very vague, and therefore to be in violation it needs to egregiously done in opposition of Fair Use laws. In this case, that hardly was a problem.

I gave Village idiot no permission to use my image, I did allow for it to be viewed publicly by posting it, and that is the extent of it. Make no mistake, I take this very seriously. I would have not had any problem if it had been anyone except Village idiot making the comments.

Unfortunately, you cannot grant or deny Fair Use rights to individuals. It's a right provided for to everyone under US Law.

Make no mistake, if my image appears anywhere else on this forum without my permission, there will be action taken.

SLC

If your images are used under the allowable cases of Fair Use we will allow it. If you feel there's a violation, feel free to submit a DMCA complaint.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I asked a "law student" and he said that copyright law is among the most basic there is. Basically I may not be right, but you may not be either and a judge will hear the case either way. I think it would be easiest for you to delete the image and save yourself the headache, but you've already done that haven't you.

SLC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I asked a "law student" and he said that copyright law is among the most basic there is. Basically I may not be right, but you may not be either and a judge will hear the case either way. I think it would be easiest for you to delete the image and save yourself the headache, but you've already done that haven't you.

SLC

Sure ok. Sue me, please…maybe your "law student" friend can be my lawyer.

And BTW, we did not remove the image, we would have left it. Village Idiot decided to remove it on his own.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No he can't but perhaps one of the lawyers at the firm he interns at could.

SLC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No he can't but perhaps one of the lawyers at the firm he interns at could.

SLC

Can't wait...thanks. Perhaps my friend who is going to school for "president of the US" could pardon me when your "lawyer student" friend sends me to prison. ;)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Seriously, just delete my membership, this place is getting more silly by the minute.

SLC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Seriously, just delete my membership, this place is getting more silly by the minute.

SLC

Sorry, we don't delete members, but I'll do something just as good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Actually, I was commenting on the images like I would have to any one. I'm not a nice person when it comes to C&C. If you can't take the comments a person may have of your work, then don't ask. If you want good comments, then post good edits and not what photobucket gave you.

I may be known on these forums, but with my stance of not being a mac person or not being a PC person doesn't mean that I'm well liked. Being truthful and opinionated doesn't always make you friends.

But then again, asking for criticism and then getting upset when people give you that criticisim will never make you friends. I could care less what camera you use. I have a Photography forum for DC area photographers....Not a Canon Photography forum. In fact, the people on the Canon photography forum accept any type of camera, as long as the user's attitude is good.

I like I said, post the photos that you posted here on the Canon site under the photography forum and tell them you used a 30D of a 5D. You'll most likely get the same comments you got from me if not some that are harsher.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.