• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Coronavirus.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
YouTube pulled the video.

Here is a link to the Kern Country TV station with the rational for the decision. I don't agree with YouTube.

YouTube issues statement on removal of controversial video interview with Bakersfield doctors

Meanwhile, allow me to quote this:

"The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP) and the American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM) jointly and emphatically condemn the recent opinions released by Dr. Daniel Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi. These reckless and untested musings do not speak for medical societies and are inconsistent with current science and epidemiology regarding COVID-19. As owners of local urgent care clinics, it appears these two individuals are releasing biased, non-peer reviewed data to advance their personal financial interests without regard for the public’s health.

COVID-19 misinformation is widespread and dangerous. Members of ACEP and AAEM are first-hand witnesses to the human toll that COVID-19 is taking on our communities. ACEP and AAEM strongly advise against using any statements of Drs. Erickson and Massihi as a basis for policy and decision making."
ACEP // ACEP-AAEM Joint Statement on Physician Misinformation

Those 2 doctors are literally quacks. That's basically the opinion of their own peers. Seriously now, do you really think these two providers from an urgent care center have some special insight into this virus that the collective infectious disease community from across the ENTIRE WORLD doesn't have? It's beyond absurd.

Reaction score
My problem is with YouTube eliminating opinions just because they are contrary to the "official" ones. I never said the two Kern County doctors were correct but based on a look-back at what the WHO recommended and other governments have enacted I have questions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
My problem is with YouTube eliminating opinions just because they are contrary to the "official" ones. I never said the two Kern County doctors were correct but based on a look-back at what the WHO recommended and other governments have enacted I have questions.

The problem with "opinions" is that they are rarely qualified. The people posting these "opinions" don't have all the facts, same as those two doctors didn't have it. These aren't opinions worth hearing or respecting and are dangerous. This is a huge problem in the age of the internet where everyone is an armchair expert and taking their cues from their favorite television celebrity over experts with extensive education and lifelong experience in the field. The WHO's early response may have been flawed, but COVID-19 really is a game-changing virus in a lot of ways that we are still learning more about. For example, they are just now discovering that it's linked to an unusually high rate of strokes in people from their 30's and onwards with NO co-morbidities. This is new territory here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 13 v11.1, i5 2.4 GHz, 256 GBs SSD, 8 GBs DDRs
The problem with "opinions" is that they are rarely qualified. The people posting these "opinions" don't have all the facts, same as those two doctors didn't have it. These aren't opinions worth hearing or respecting and are dangerous. This is a huge problem in the age of the internet where everyone is an armchair expert and taking their cues from their favorite television celebrity over experts with extensive education and lifelong experience in the field. The WHO's early response may have been flawed, but COVID-19 really is a game-changing virus in a lot of ways that we are still learning more about. For example, they are just now discovering that it's linked to an unusually high rate of strokes in people from their 30's and onwards with NO co-morbidities. This is new territory here.

On the same token, news channels should not bring the White House daily coronavirus briefing live either. Or at the very least, some of the members of this briefing should be excluded...:Smirk:

"people from their 30's and onwards with NO co-morbidities" could be due to either not yet diagnosed and or early stages of these morbidities. COVID may just magnify the early stages and lost in the diagnosis.

Every country's and organization's response had been flawed and still are to a certain extent. COVID-19 is nothing like what this world ever faced previously. We are at the early stages of discovery of its inner workings and impacts on the body. The fact that COVID impacts people differently still puzzles researchers:

Why don’t some coronavirus patients sense their alarmingly low oxygen levels? | Science | AAAS

Blood clot caused by COVID seems to be the primary source of organ failure. Experimental treating the patient with heparin (anti coagulation medicine), as noted in the above link, had provided positive outcome, but more tests need to be done.

My nurse friend also mentioned administering heparin to treat COVID patients, with more or less success. She seems to believe that the current stage of infection and co-morbidity plays a role in the success. They pretty much throw everything and the kitchen sink at treating the patients, some are successful at certain patients, while others not so much. That's what worries her the most, pretty much every patients response to certain treatments are different.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.