• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Copying DVD's Tutorial

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I just tried it on mine. Drag and drop the VIDEO_TS on to the video tab. I then get a VTS_01_1 file in the Toast.

OP
sKaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
If you notice he has it under

Data>Mac & PC

It should be:

Data>DVD-ROM (UDF)

That's your problem.

sKaD

L

lordofdeadside

spot on, got it working at last! needed to drop em' onto the video ta. thanks to everyone who helped.

V

victoriastruck

Trouble Burning Dvd

I'm having a similar prob. I've followed all the intructions using DVDbackup then DVD2onex. I then burn VIDEO.TS file using TOAST 6 under DATA and selecting DVD-ROM.
It won't play automatically on IMAC must manually open. Won't play on DVD player just gives ERROR message. My DVD player supports DVD-R.
I was able to burn a VIDEO.TS file with Toast 6 under AUDIO and selecting DVD. That one will play in the DVD player, but it was smaller and I only had to use DVDbackup no DVD2onex. When I try to burn under AUDIO with the larger file that had been reduced with DVD2onex it says ENCODING and doesn't do anything.
Please help I'm running out of DVD-R'S

QUOTE=rg0828]This is a great tutorial for a beginner like me.

However i am having difficulties. I follow the instructions using DVDbackup andDVD2oneX, but when it comes to burning the DVD i still cannot get the DVD player to automatically play the movie. (The only way i can view the movie is if i use "file open" VIDEO_TS in the DVD2oneX folder i created. (I am using Disc Blaze version 2 DVD burning software)

Has anyone got any idea what i am doing wrong ?

My machine is G5 1.8mhz 1GB RAM with Sony Superdrive.

Regards
rg0828[/QUOTE]

F

Fragilemedia

Not Opening.

I downloaded the latest DVDBackup (94Kb) file and got DVD2One X, as listed, and after running the Apple Dvd Player to authenticate the Region Code, I tried running Dvd Backup and it wont start up. It looks like its about to open and then it shuts down without ever giving me any option to do anything; Ive also had a similar problem running a Divx Decoder program. I have a Emac G4 1Gz, and am running Mac OS 10.2.8.
any help would be greatly apprieciated.

OP
sKaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Try redownloading the apps? I don't really know what could be causing the problem in that.

Try OSEx

W

Wen

Toast 6 titanium - problem

Skad, thanx for the great tutorial. Everything works fine for me, until the point where I have to burn the DVD.
I use toast 6 titanium to do that. I've noticed you do it in the "other" mode, but I don't have that mode.
I can select data, audio or video. And when I select video, I can only drag the VOB files to Toast. When I do that, I can see the movie in the Toast video mode (I've selected movie only). When I then burn the DVD, I've got two problems:
1) there are no subtitles (I selected subtitled in dutch in DVD2one
2) the DVD doesn't start automatically. When I play him in my powerbook, I can play him with the dvd player, but it doesn't start automatically
When I play him in my stand - alone DVD player connected to my television, it doesn't recognise the DVD. It tries to read it for a while and then simply says: no disk inserted.

Can anyone help me with this problem? Any other toast 6 titanium users maybe?

OP
sKaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Wen

Another guy on these forums using Toast 6 said he burned the VIDEO_TS Folder under "Data" with Mac&Windows Comp and it then fixed his problems.

Hope you don't end up with many coasters trying to get this. But really I don't use Toast 6 so I really don't know how to help you.

F

Fragilemedia

I figured out the problem with the applications, I had to run the Stuffit, 8.01 udate, All the programs work fine now but I am having a problem with Burning the Dvd, When I get ready to burn it in Toast Titanium 5.1, I delete the .ds store file but then when I hit burn it creates these invisible desktop files... I think they are whats causing the problem. However, after it burned i couldnt even play it on my Apple dvd player. Is there a step that i missed somewhere? I went through and used the files that DVD2OneX made I dont know what to do about it.

Any help would be great.

Toast After Burning.jpg

Toast.jpg

OP
sKaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
So right after you click burn it inserts those Desktop Files?

I would look into your Preferences, that' sweird that those would insert after you click on Record. Maybe even try downloading the 5.2 version of Toast.

F

Fragilemedia

Found out the problem... I kept wondering about how the Tut. picture showed a dvd icon of the movie and then the folder called Video_TS, and when i was doing it it only showed the Video_TS, but as a cd. I searched around the options in Toast and i clicked on the Top where it said disc and clicked on the "New Dvd" button and then I added the Video_TS folder, making it look similar to the Tutorial pic. Then i went to try and burn it again, and i used a DVD-RW first to make sure if anything went wrong i could rewrite the Dvd, and it worked fine. This Tutorial is very good, thanks for the help,

Toast New DVD icon.jpg

OP
sKaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
lol, I'm a fool not to have seen you didn't have a VIDEO_TS folder in your other screen shot.

Sorry man. Glad you figured it out though.

R

rjtedge

Well i am getting my DVD burner tommorow. Can you tell me what DVD type I will Need to Make DVD movies. As well for those using toast 6 try use DVD-Rom in the advanced settings area under data. That is what I have seen done with friends. But If you got it working dont try to change it Seems no point.

Well Its a great tut man and will help me greatly tommorrow.

Thanks

OP
sKaD
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
I don't know if with Panther you can use +R's but I would just go with -R's to be safe.

So yeah, get MINUS Rs (-R)

sKaD

R

rjtedge

Ok I now have spent my $80 Autralian, on dvd2one, now i have used dvd backup to put the dvd on my computer and now want to know if I can sellect which extras I want and dont want. Like dont need some of the boring ones on my backups.
If I can not select only some, does the quality of the movie go down when you do the whole dvd compared to just the movie. thanks

Y

Yang1815

Besides Toast, what other programs can you use? I just bought the PB, extra ram, Airport Extreme card, Applecare, and DVD2OneX... Gotta think about it before buying Toast Titanium... Is it possible to use "Finder" to burn the DVD? Thanks.

R

rjtedge

Ok I now have spent my $80 Autralian, on dvd2one, now i have used dvd backup to put the dvd on my computer and now want to know if I can sellect which extras I want and dont want. Like dont need some of the boring ones on my backups.
If I can not select only some, does the quality of the movie go down when you do the whole dvd compared to just the movie

please help dont want to have to waste time or dvds to test different opyions out thanks

Y

Yang1815

I copy just the movie... I don't wanna use 2 DVD-R's to copy one disc so... I don't think it'll affect the quality of it at all no matter what you do. O, and I bought Toast Titanium...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.