Copy mp4 video to iPhone 11

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017).Processor 1.8GHz intel core i5.Memory 8gb 16000MHZDDR3.Graphics intel HD
Good day to all. Sorry to bother you again.
Been trying to get a mp4 movie from iTunes to my iPhone 11.
followed all the directions to achieve this tasks. Managed to get iPhone to show up in iTunes okay. And imported the mp4 into iTunes.
Now I got up against a brick wal all the options are greyd out. I tried to drag the movie and drag it to the phone in finder.
Any help please. I would be very grateful.
thanks ever so much again. Don’t know where people like me would be without people like you guys.
David. ps phone and MacBook fully updated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Let us know which versions of OS both devices are using?

Since you have iTunes, when you plug the phone in with the cable to your pc, does it appear in the iTunes sidebar? If you click on that, it should give you different options of items to sync, Music, Movies, etc. See if you can sync the movies that way?

OP
Tomos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017).Processor 1.8GHz intel core i5.Memory 8gb 16000MHZDDR3.Graphics intel HD
Thanks
Is the music app the same as iTunes setup.As im using the Music app.

OP
Tomos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Running the latest BigSur on Mac and the iPhone has the latest update.
when I connect the phone to the Mac yes it does show up in finder. When I open up the phone tab yes it shows the option for music etc. But the movie section is grey out.
confusing.
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Thanks
Is the music app the same as iTunes setup.As im using the Music app.
No, Finder does the syncing like iTunes used to. But Music, Podcasts, Books, TV manage all your media.

Then in Finder, select the device in the sidebar. You will see the different media options to sync.
[/QUOTE]
But the movie section is grey out.
[/QUOTE]
You may need to add the movie to the TV.app library.

OP
Tomos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Got it.
I did it through the TV app on MacBook It was quite simple.
Thanks for your help Great

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.