Constructive criticism !

OP
RawTimePhotos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS 32gb,
thats sick editing! she is almost glowing like an angel!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I was going to tell you to crop the image, then I scrolled down and saw you already did just what I was going to suggest.

I am a little bothered by the lighting. You have the model with definite side lighting, casting the right side of her face in relative shadow. But I don't see that lighting reflected in her surroundings. I think you could have dodged the sides of the tree trunks a bit to compliment the lighting on the model's face. Just a thought.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Perhaps a shallower depth of focus too, there is too much going on in the background.

Sorta like this..

That's very interesting editing!!!

At first I was going to say that it was too dark...but then I realized how the darkness (or lower lighting intensity) of the background & foreground intensifies the lighting on the subject...and makes her hair glow like it was "Strands of Golden Sunbeams!:)

Very Nice!

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
That's very interesting editing!!!

At first I was going to say that it was too dark...but then I realized how the darkness (or lower lighting intensity) of the background & foreground intensifies the lighting on the subject...and makes her hair glow like it was "Strands of Golden Sunbeams!:)

Very Nice!

- Nick

Have to agree, looks great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Thanks ZorroAMG, I love that style of shadows with strobist lighting!

But it's just too much. A reflector or fill light would lighten it up a little bit and provide a bit of detail on the face without making it look just too underexposed. In the original frame, you're also getting flare from your rim light. A set of barn doors, a snoot, or a grid would kill that while allowing you to have some control over your rim/hair light.

OP
RawTimePhotos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone 3GS 32gb,
Thanks everyone for your feedback! Greatly Appericated!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.