Compared a 15" Matte MBP, Glossy MBP, and 17" Matte MBP

OP
F
Reaction score
Why not save the money and settle for the 2.2GHz processor? You will likely notice absolutely no speed decrease, and the money saved on the processor upgrade will allow you to purchase an SSD, so you can have a 2.2GHz computer with the SSD which will be faster than the 2.3GHz.

Unfortunately, there is no price difference for me. I would have to CTO a 2.2ghz system with a high resolution screen. I live next to a state without sales tax so the top the line model comes out to about the same price as a CTOed 2.2ghz High resolution one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro|15" Hi-Res Anti-Glare|2.2 GHz quad i7|4GB RAM
Unfortunately, there is no price difference for me. I would have to CTO a 2.2ghz system with a high resolution screen. I live next to a state without sales tax so the top the line model comes out to about the same price as a CTOed 2.2ghz High resolution one.

Well, that makes perfect sense then! Congratulations on the new purchase! :)

OP
F
Reaction score
I'm just waiting for the Intel 320 300gbs to be actually priced at MSRP or lower... all the stores are price gouging now.

Ah, I also forgot the sound of fans being so used to a silent Macbook Air.

OP
F
Reaction score
Well, this was a short lived purchase.

After much tinkering and comparing, I can't get used to this screen. It has good contrast but poor uniformity from top to bottom. I can't get a white level I'm happy with at this point either. My iPad 2 display literally blows it away, as does my Macbook Air 13 display.

That aside, the machine runs hot as ****. It idles around 55C, 65C low usage and the fan ramps fast with any video activity. Gaming in Windows 7, it hits 99C on two cores as reported by RealTemp, I really don't think I could game on this comfortably.

I'm going to take a look at the new iMacs instead and waiting on an Air refresh. Probably will wait for a Ivy Bridge and IPS screens before getting a Pro. Man, my 13" Air has really spoiled me in every area (except speed).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
The high res screen on mine looks amazing. No gradient issues, no spotting on the screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.