common problems or not??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
iRizzo said:
I've seen it a couple of times but it hasn't done anything. It just came up for a couple seconds then went away. Should I be worried?

No, not at all, you'll see the SBoD on even the fastest, cleanest, awesome-est Macs. It's just not something you hope to see, but it's not terribly bad either. It simply means you have to wait. Don't worry about it. :mac:

OP
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook PRO 2.16Ghz, 2Gb Ram, 80GB HDD, 15inch
Bonzaisushi said:
yup what rizzo said, i calibrated it. and got 5hours today.... heck ya :mac:

how do you calibrate the battery!?? or is it in the manual?

also do apple sell addition batterys? e.g. an extra long life one or something...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
You calibrate a battery by using it *unplugged* until the battery dies. You then plug it up and don't use it until it's fully charged.

I

iRizzo

4d001 said:
how do you calibrate the battery!?? or is it in the manual?

also do apple sell addition batterys? e.g. an extra long life one or something...
Yeah a more detailed write-up is in the manual. And yes, Apple does sell extra batteries. I bought one when I got my computer. I think it's like $130.00.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 1.83 GHz, 1.5 gigs RAM, 80 GB, AND NO HEAT ISSUES!!
does the calibration really help? I didn't do it, like the lazy fool I am. Is there any way to calibrate it now?

I

iRizzo

Yeah it helps A LOT. It's 100% necessary. You can do it anytime but I would do it ASAP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.