>> Combo-drive won't recognize... <<

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
EQUIPMENT: MACBOOK, OS-X 10.4.11, 2GHz Intel Core Duo, 512MB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM

Thank you in advance for help anyone might offer. Unfortunately, I do not have this macbook with me, but its problem is as follows. It will only recognize some cd's, and it is not as if the ones it does not read are scratched and/or copies. I insert the disk, it spins for a while, and then it ejects it. :|

Does anyone have any ideas as to possible causes or fixes, and additionally how does one determine if a disk is copyright protected [or not]?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
>> 4 days later... <<

So should I assume this is an anomaly, and there are no common causes for this issue on a 1.5 year young machine? Are there no troubleshooting tips anyone has to offer? Do none know how to determine if a disk is copyright protected?

Through my searches of threads here, I read someone disconnected their battery & depressed the power button for 5 seconds to "reset the power management system." Can this actually help?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.