• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Cloud-base development environments that you'd recommend?

Reaction score
My company is pushing for a return to the office, and we've already started going in like half the week at this point with more coming soon I'd imagine.
I have a few projects I'm working on, and I'd like to tinker with them when I have downtime at work,
but given it's a work laptop I can't download an IDE or packages or anything.

I've used Codesandbox in the past and if that's the best I can make it work,
but my current project is my first dip into using an express server and working with databases (postgressql).
I haven't been able to make code sandbox work for that. Could be that
I'm just inexperienced but if there's a service/site that's more set up for development from anywhere, that'd be great!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There are many sandboxes out there for testing out small pieces of code, but they aren't designed to full fledged development.

Also, if you are doing web development, Express and PSQL indicate that, skip the IDE and use a plain text editor for that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.