Clock & calendar wrong on G4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Okay, it's probably a feature that was added in Panther (which I have on my iMac).

Is the date/time problem continuing, and have you installed the update combo for OS 10.2.8? Mac OS X Update Combo 10.2.8: Information and Download.

Another thought occurs to me, as evidenced by my iMac. It's my 'portable' machine, which travels with me when I need to go away for my work. After it's been unplugged for several hours, and when I set it up for use in another location, I get the date/time warning.

I KNOW the battery is flagging, so it doesn't bother me, because as soon as the iMac is powered up again and connected either by dialup or ethernet, and if I have automatic date/time setting selected, the issue goes away. At home here, the iMac is continuously connected to power supply. Are you unplugging or switching off your Mac's power supply after you've shut it down?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.25 Ghz Mirrored drive door G4
Okay, it's probably a feature that was added in Panther (which I have on my iMac).

Is the date/time problem continuing, and have you installed the update combo for OS 10.2.8? Mac OS X Update Combo 10.2.8: Information and Download.

Another thought occurs to me, as evidenced by my iMac. It's my 'portable' machine, which travels with me when I need to go away for my work. After it's been unplugged for several hours, and when I set it up for use in another location, I get the date/time warning.

I KNOW the battery is flagging, so it doesn't bother me, because as soon as the iMac is powered up again and connected either by dialup or ethernet, and if I have automatic date/time setting selected, the issue goes away. At home here, the iMac is continuously connected to power supply. Are you unplugging or switching off your Mac's power supply after you've shut it down?

The date/time issue does not continue. I have downloaded that upgrade in the past.

I did have the power go off here recently, though I don't believe it happened right at that time.

I leave the computer connected to my APC XS1500 backup power device. I do shut the computer down when I am not using it, but don't unplug it. So if there is some minimal power drawn under those circumstances, it has that power available to it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It did it again today. The calendar displayed December 31, 1969. I will get a battery and see what that does for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Battery in now. I will be interested to see if this fixes it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.