Cleaning apple keyboard

Reaction score
My apple keyboard is a bit grubby (had it for about a year now).

Can i clean it? How do i clean it? How do people clean theirs?

Want to get the mighty mouse, but that will look SUPER clean next to my grubby keyboard.

Cheers in advance,

Edward

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you mean the regular apple keyboard (not a laptop keyboard), just pop the keys out by leveraging something under them.

Start at the edge with the Ctrl key, pop your finger under there, apply pressure upwards and it should pop out, then work your way along the rest of the keys.

Be careful with the backspace, enter/return, shift and spacebar keys - they have additional metal brackets holding them: pop them up and then slide the brackets out of their clips.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
If you are wanting to clean the dirt off the keys, rubbing alcohol does the trick good. As for the keyboard, start from the edge first just as Aptmunich says, but I'd like to add that you should pop a key off from the left or the right side. And for the bigger modifier keys, always observe how they come off. But those are still easy to put back on, if you saw how they came off.

If you are talking about a laptop keyboard, use extra caution. Definitely observe how the keys come off with those ones!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I wouldn't take off laptop keys TBH, just rub those with alcohol as iWhat suggested.
We use a window cleaning fluid at work to clean keys, and that works great...

F

ForeverG5

After cleaning, I suggest maybe investing in an iSkin ProTouch. They come in Pink, Blue and Clear. They are very handy and work great. They can also be cleaned simply under a running sink. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.