• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

changed my name

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
I'm at the office at the moment, but when I get home I will post some pics for you. At the moment, the car is lowered about 2" on some Tien springs with a Perrin adjustable rear sway-bar; those are Rota Slipstreams in gunmetal metallic (these babys only weigh like 12.5lbs!) wrapped in 225/50/16 Dunlop FM 901s. I have a JDM catless uppipe, 3" catless Helix downpipe with 4" bell housing inlet, and Borla XR-1 3" catback. It also has the "snorkus" delete (you'll come across that on the forums, hard to explain) Perrin panel filter, speaco silicon intercooler hoses, and CPU reflash. I have a VF-34 turbo, STi 'pink' injectors, and a walbro fuel pump sitting in the gerage. I never put them in because my car is a daily driver and I rdidn't want to risk reliability. I am in the process of buying a second commuter car, so if I choose to keep the WRX that stuff in addition to a frontmount IC will be going in, in the next month or so. Of also, I have an aftermarket grille that has no subaru logo and is instead just hollowed out black mesh (just looks like a big hole like on an EVO VII), and the skirts are painted, which was never an option on the Blaze Yellow cars.

-Chris

Oh, I also have braided stainless steel brakelines, and some 'green stuff' brake pads. Both are must haves if you plan on doing mountain road driving where frequent and prolonged brakeing is required.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here's those pics, EvoMac. Notice in the picture of the rear of the car the cranky look on my GF as I pay more attention to my car than her. ;) She's actually the main driving force behind me selling the WRX. She thinks it doesn't look 'special' enough (all of my previous cars were show cars and one bimmer) so she's kinda spoiled. She wants me to trade it in on a Z4. :/

-Chris

my wrx in monterey 2.jpg

steph and wrx in monterey.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
ditch the GF!!! just kidding. your WRX looks sweeeeeet!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
fearlessfreap24 said:
ditch the GF!!! just kidding. your WRX looks sweeeeeet!!

Thanks. :)

-Chris

Oh, and I'll let her know your suggestion. ;)

OP
E

EvoMac

Awsome job on the car. Lot of quality parts put into that. "Not special enough" that's the best type of modification. Nothing better then a modded car that its exterior is so subtle that it makes you make a double or tripple take just to see whats different about it

Selling it for a Z4... that made me cringe when I read that...

Honestly though car looks great from exterior and thats a great spec sheet you have created there... man talking about this is really getting me motivated to putting the TL on ebay and start shopping for a WRX

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
EvoMac said:
Awsome job on the car. Lot of quality parts put into that. "Not special enough" that's the best type of modification. Nothing better then a modded car that its exterior is so subtle that it makes you make a double or tripple take just to see whats different about it

Selling it for a Z4... that made me cringe when I read that...

Honestly though car looks great from exterior and thats a great spec sheet you have created there... man talking about this is really getting me motivated to putting the TL on ebay and start shopping for a WRX

Thanks for the compliments. The only dead give away that my car isn't stock to the average passer-by is the exhaust note and turbo whistle caused by the large bell housing. I wish I could make it quieter, but it's hard when you're running catless. It pops a lot on downshifts and shoots nice little fireballs on WOT upshifts. ;) If you get a WRX you will quickly find that it shares a very niche, close nit following much like the Mac. That's actually one of my favorite things about owning both my mac and my subaru.

-Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.