Can't wait untill the next Windows *shudders*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Gigabit 400 Single. 40GB , 1.25GB RAM. OS 10.4.11 Tiger
Don't know really what to say other than I've been using a Mac a whole three weeks now, and have seen no "shudders". I like it.
I've been using an XP PC since XP debuted back when with no "shudders". I like it too.
Granted, it's a given that they (PC's) are more vulnerable to "attacks, hack's viruses, trojans, etc." than a Mac, but.... is that because of the "market share, enterprise percentage, higher profile, in the radar etc." debate, or is it just because Windows is easier to manipulate.
I won't say either OS is perfect, there is no such thing IMO.
Windows has it's quirks, and long time users know those quicks, good, bad, otherwise.
Mac's obviously have quirks too, otherwise there would be no need for this forum. Long time Mac users know those quirks as well.
Some know both. Knowledge is power.

I have my quirks, you have yours. I'm not "better" than you or "lesser" than you because of this, we just happen to be the same, but different.
There is also something be said about agreeing to disagree.
We do the same things, just in different ways.
Will I ever give up on the PC? Probably not. My work requires it (I'm not alone here), and I know it. If I get to know a Mac, what's the problem in knowing both ?

It's an analogy. Just like the Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge debate, or "my Dad can beat up your Dad" i.e. It's an opinion. We all have one, just like we have other things.

My Mom absolutely hates IE in favor of AOL because she's been using AOL for years and is used to it. Nevermind the fact it tries to take over her PC.
We all have our preferences, and we tend to think ours is "right" or "better"
because that's what we get used to.
Guess I had a little to say after all. ;D

Tiger got held up on release did it not?
Was it too late or early? Your decision, I'm new.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook- 2.2GHz, 1gb RAM, 160GB, Double-Layer Superdrive.
its actually windows 7

and i dont see any probs with vista. beside the resource hog, but once u get 2gb of ram and there is no probs with it

ahh my bad i was thinking 2011 lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
D
Granted, it's a given that they (PC's) are more vulnerable to "attacks, hack's viruses, trojans, etc." than a Mac, but.... is that because of the "market share, enterprise percentage, higher profile, in the radar etc." debate, or is it just because Windows is easier to manipulate.

That is actually a huge topic for debate. One thing I will point out that you did not mention is that a large portion of the Internet and many businesses are run by Unix and Linux boxes. While OSX may be a small time OS, it's Unix brethren and Linux cousins are not, yet they are not impacted by Trojans, Worms, Malware, Spyware, Viruses and all the other nasties that are out there like Windows is. Security through obscurity sounds good but Unix, all of it's flavors, is not an obscure OS by any means.

Just something to keep in mind.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Gigabit 400 Single. 40GB , 1.25GB RAM. OS 10.4.11 Tiger
Agreed baggss, hence the "or is it just that windows is easier to manipulate" comment.
I did not mean to say that "Unix, and all of it's flavors" is obscure, only that they are "possibly" harder to break.

My personal opinion is that the easier target will get the most attention, market share or not.
And if you so choose to use the easier target, simply stand by to get used to it, deal with it, and get protected as best you can,......... or switch to a harder target and get used to that.

That's just me though.

Reaction score
My Mom absolutely hates IE in favor of AOL because she's been using AOL for years and is used to it. Nevermind the fact it tries to take over her PC.

Amen to that.
Gosh AOL is an annoyance on PCs.....on our HP AOL it opens like every 3 seconds, if we saved passwords it would connect itself.
But, my mom's the same way, she's used it since the old AOL 3.0, she's used to it, everyone knows her email address, and apparently she only pays $6 a month.

Reaction score
I never realized how much easy it should be to use a computer until I bought this mac. I have very few problems and the few I have had were solved quickly and easily and none involved hacking the registry.
I dislike Windows more now than ever.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.