Can't hear iPhone 12 Pro after screen protector installation.

Reaction score
I just installed an Otterbox screen protector on my iPhone 12 Pro and now I can just barely hear the darn thing unless I put it on speakerphone. Is there a way around this or do I have to remove it and eat the ?39.95 that it cost me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Stupid question, but did the protector cover up the little slot in the middle of the notch at the top of the screen? That's where the sound comes out when NOT on speakerphone. Speakerhphone uses the louder speakers at the bottom of the unit, where the little holes are in the edge of the case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I just installed an Otterbox screen protector on my iPhone 12 Pro and now I can just barely hear the darn thing unless I put it on speakerphone. Is there a way around this or do I have to remove it and eat the ?39.95 that it cost me?

LOL!!! Memo to self!!!

Must get eyes checked again.

I read that you paid "739.95" for the cover and I was going to suggest that you might have more than audio problems!!! :Smirk:

PS: Did you contact Otterbox Customer Support regarding your problem???

- Patrick
=======

OP
N
Reaction score
Otterbox customer support is pretty much unavailable. They don't answer the phone this time of day and their chat line doesn't work at all. I took it back off and discovered it was on upside down after I had followed their instructions to a T. Of course you can't reinstall one when you dropped it on the floor and the sticky side is now covered with fingerprints and dog hair. I wonder if I really need this? I've had the phone 2 months and it doesn't have a scratch on the screen though I carry it in my shirt pocket. Back to the drawing board.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I've been using these Maxboot screen protectors on my iPhone XS and my wife and daughter's iPhone XR without any issues. These are made for glass and the included tool makes the installation easy. Plus you get 3 of them and for mine I actually put it on and immediately dropped the phone and the protector took the brunt of the damage and I replaced it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
I always use a glass screen protector and it's done its job. It's when you drop the phone that you realise the value.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.