Can't find HP Easy Scan

OP
D
Reaction score
Thanks Rod,
Opened printer/scanner preferences selected Scan and default printer: HP OfficeJet 7740, then clicked "open scanner" the preview window shows "The overview scan failed to complete".
Beginning to think the problem may be the Wi-Fi connection, going to get a cable to connect server directly to MacBook and see if that helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini M1 (8gb Memory / 500 gb Hard drive) Running Sonoma 14.0
When I bought my Mac last year I had a Officejet, and it continually failed to connect via wifi, even when sat next to the router, in the end I bought a Envy, and that is just fine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
and got vuescan worked instantly out of the box.

Good find and solution, even though some don't like paying for an extra application when the software for their particular scanner doesn't work, but as you discovered, VueScan.app usually works and has done so for many years now with thousands of different scanners.

- Patrick
=======

OP
D
Reaction score
So far haven't payed anything, when asked to register I just clicked continue and it worked

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
So far haven't payed anything, when asked to register I just clicked continue and it worked

Maybe things have changed but you might want to double-check your VueScan scanned image as I understand VueScan software can be downloaded and used free of charge, but adds a watermark on scans until a license is purchased.

And it also has a nice OCR feature which is certainly handy when one needs it, as it supports optical character recognition (OCR) of text documents.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.