cant connect with wireless

S

storyoftheghost

Ok I know this topic has been covered a bunch of times, but i can't find anythign that is helpful, so whatever you guys have would be great!

I came home from college for my dad to tell me our wireless is encrypted now. So i click the airport icon, pick the network and the password box comes up. Now my dad tells me that its an ASCII code, but that it goes in the second key slot, but I cant seem to find a place in any menu that asks you to specify key spot. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

P.s. my brothers Dell connects fine, so I doubt its the router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Just enter the code, it should connect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Is the encryption on the router WEP, WPA or WPA2?

There is an option in the Network pane, when you select Airport and tell it what network to join to select WEP 40/128-bit ASCI II (it's a drop-down menu) You should be able to select this and enter the ASCI II password. You can select any kind of encryption OSX supports form that menu.

OP
S

storyoftheghost

ive tried that, and i enter the correct password. but it does not work. i guess im stuck with a wire for now.

Reaction score
for £900 I don't want to be stuck with a wire though. wish they did what they should out the box. sure there is a perfectly good explanation for it :(

Reaction score
Ive had a similar problem. We have a Linksys wireless system and our PCs have no problem connecting at all.

I have even disabled WEP so its simply bare to the world - I get an error message whenever I try to connect to it from our iMac. It looks like it should simply just work. But does it really?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.