Cannot listen with 2 Connected headsets as expected

Reaction score
I have the Apple TV 4K (2nd generation) running latest version of tvOS (15.3).

One of the things it is supposed to allow is to connect 2 headsets (e.g. AirPods 3rd gen and Beats Fit Pro) so two people can listen simultaneously. When I go to Bluetooth settings both show as Connected. But only the most recently connected headset can hear anything.

I’ve tried with other Apple/Beats headsets with same result. Restart of Apple TV had no effect.

Anyone else having this issue? Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Can you show where you believe it works with anything other than AirPods? Everything I've read states only with AirPods 3rd gen.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This article says you can connect the AirPods and Beats headphones to iOS and iPadOS devices.

Expand the section Share Audio on this page and follow what it says.

I have 2 pairs of AirPods Pro in my house (wife and daughter) and I can potentially try this if you can't get it to work.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
running latest version of tvOS (15.3).
The latest version of tvOS is 15.4.1. Would it not help to download this? Perhaps that might solve your problem?:)

Ian

OP
T
Reaction score
Yes, for some reason it didn't automatically update even though that option is selected in Settings.

Okay, @Raz0rEdge thank you! Control Center! I'd forgotten AirPlay controls were there, it's been awhile since I had any reason to muck with them. So of course you gotta turn them on there, not in Settings. And that's where you have to change the volume 'set point' if it's too loud/soft for one of the headsets.

All systems go!

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.