Cannot get full-screen photos on screen with incoming calls anymore

Reaction score
I just updated my iPhone SE Second Generation to IOS 17.1.1, and now I no longer see a full-screen photo of the caller when receiving incoming calls. Now I get a banner on the top of the screen with a partial of the photo of the caller in a small circle.

I went into settings and made sure the phone app was set to Full Screen for incoming calls. And I rebooted the phone several times since the update.

This was never an issue with any preceding updates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
I just updated my iPhone SE Second Generation to IOS 17.1.1, and now I no longer see a full-screen photo of the caller when receiving incoming calls. Now I get a banner on the top of the screen with a partial of the photo of the caller in a small circle.

That is the new way by default!

But you can change/alter what you see from others and what they see from you.

If you click on this Link, it will take you to a Google web page which includes several videos which explain exactly how to change things to your satisfaction.

How do I change the call display on my iPhone?

Ian

OP
B
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. That’s much appreciated!

I followed all the instructions in the videos including making sure the Phone app is set with incoming calls set to full screen. And I updated to IOS 17.1.2.

Unfortunately all incoming calls still have a small banner with the photo in a circle regardless if the phone is in locked or unlocked setting.

I‘m concerned my spouse’s iPhone SE 2nd Gen will have the same issue if we update it as well.

Again, thank you for your input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.