Cannot get and send mails from Exchange Server anymore (APPLE MAIL / OSX 10.13)

Reaction score
Hi all you experts ...

I am using my MacBook Pro, with OS 10.13 and I am using Apple mail for Live.dk, Gmail, etc. and also for mails when I am at my customer's.

I have a customer where I was connecting to their Exchange Mail Server and getting mails and also sending, with their server for outgoing mails. I was also doing this on my iPhone and my iPad

That was working with NO problems for several months also

SUDDENLY it was not working for the Mac anymore. and It is still working for the iPhone and Ipad

I tried to delete and add the account again, I also tried to change the password. I had the ADMIN do this on the backend, but still .. No mails on my laptop but it is working io the Iphone and Ipad.

It just says ..."Cannot verify Account Password " (It does so in Danish but still ..;o)

Anyone have any idear as to WHY the H... this does not work.

I can use a Webmail for the customer, and also there my user and password is working fine

PLEASE help
Thanks

Thomas

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums.

Try this:

Open Mail > Preferences > Accounts

For each account (or just those not working), Retype your Password (PW) as shown by the two Yellow arrows.

Then click on the exposure triangles in Account - Red arrow - Select Edit SMTP Server List

S1A.jpg

S2A.jpg

Now Retype PW - Red arrow

S3A.jpg

Close out, but be sure to Save your changes - that is crucial otherwise it goes back to the default.

Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
TAT-DK

Any luck with the suggestion offered? If yes, others will benefit. If no, then we are here to offer other options.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
TAT-DK

Any luck with the suggestion offered? If yes, others will benefit. If no, then we are here to offer other options.

Ian

It leaves one wondering doesn't it Ian???

And we may never ever know… :[

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Pro, 10 Core 3 GHz Intel Xeon W, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB HD, Vega 64 GPU
I am having this exact problem with a new Exchange account I recently set up. It was working fine for a few weeks, and today I started receiving the, "Cannot verify account or password" message.

I deleted the account so that I could re-add it, but now I can't even add it back in.

Running OS 10.13.6

Sean

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
What do you mean " I can't even add it back in?" What happens when you do? What messages to you get? Any errors? Any changes at the server? What was the most recent change (not mail) on your system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Did you restart your Mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I often wonder about some of the posters here and wonder if they ever got their problem(s) sorted out or if they did any of the Suggestions Offered and/or what the results were.

Even if they did tag onto an older thread, it shouldn't really matter. But some of us I'm sure would like to know eh???

- Patrick
======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.