Can you make online purchases with an apple wallet?

Reaction score
I had to cancel a credit card and get a new one issued. It has not been received/activated yet but it is already in my wallet, details unknown, but apparently useable. I know how to use it in a store but can it be used somehow to make online purchases? I'll have the physical new card in a few days but what can I do until then?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Yes, but you have to use the Apple Wallet or Apple Pay to purchase the item(s).

OP
rbpeirce
Reaction score
I don't need to use Apple Pay. I want to use the credit card I have in the wallet, but I don't know how to do that for an online purchase.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
All cards but the Apple Card within your Apple Wallet can only be used through Apple Pay. The Apple Card allows you to see the card number so that you can use it elsewhere. Other cards don't show you the number since the assumption is that you have the card with the full number.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.