Can you go back from Intel to PowerPC G5?

OP
M
Reaction score
And if you do go the PowerMac route, avoid the Dual Core 2.5GHz and the Dual Processor 2.7GHz as both were liquid cooled and after six or seven years, leaks are pretty common thing destroying logic board, processors etc etc.

Thanks for the tip.. is it safe to assume that after a certain period of time, this is no longer an issue?
And I'm always a little dubious about "pretty common"... while one can certainly find much anecdotal data about this heating issue, SURELY the machine wouldn't have sold so well initially and be so popular in resale after all these years if it were true of anywhere close to a majority of machines... d'ya think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
Thanks Mike..
There are some OS9 apps I miss so I would set it up as a partitioned dual boot into Tiger and Leopard to be able to use them. And, I'm sure, as the prices continue to come down over time, I shall also get a small intel machine - just in case.
When I get the Powermac set up, do I just copy over the itunes folder from the old user in order to get all the iphone stuff.

I think it's that simple (Make sure you de-authorize your Intel Mac in iTunes after you transfer the files then authorize your "New" Mac). Also, you will probably have to re-sync your iphone from scratch since it will setup a new pairing. Just restore from backup and you'll be good to go. I still keep my itunes library on my Main Windows PC (Yeah, I'm one of them ;) ) and just use iTunes sharing to access it on my Apple devices so I don't know for sure since I've never tried it for myself but copying between Windows PCs is that simple.

-MikeM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.