Can I use Screen Mirroring to project PowerPoint presentations to 2 TVs at the same time?

Reaction score
I use an iPad to project PowerPoint presentations onto an LG TV using the Screen Mirroring option on the iPad.

I would like to get a second TV in order to project the same PowerPoint presentations at the same time onto both TVs.

Is this possible?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You are likely using AirPlay to do the screen mirroring and that only current supports a single other display.

This article suggests a way of doing this with multiple Apple TVs and an app called Ditto. So additional expenses, but depends on where you are doing this work.

OP
B
Reaction score
You are likely using AirPlay to do the screen mirroring and that only current supports a single other display.

This article suggests a way of doing this with multiple Apple TVs and an app called Ditto. So additional expenses, but depends on where you are doing this work.

Thanks for verifying that. I had read a few posts on the net, which stated the same thing you did. Glad to know there's a possible workaround, which I'll look into, so thanks for that as well.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I never thought to do that. I know a few teachers who might use this. Their classrooms already have Apple TVs so no extra expense there.

OP
B
Reaction score
I had a brief look at the Ditto software mentioned in the link that @Raz0rEdge posted, and found out that a subscription is $150/yr for each "receiver", a "receiver" being a monitor used for AirPlay.

Although the cost is not exorbitant, it can get pricey depending on how many monitors one uses.

My question is, if I use 2 monitors, can 1 monitor be set up using AirPlay as is and the other 1 monitor set up using Ditto, thereby only having to pay for one monitor/receiver?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I would suggest that you ask this question to the Ditto folks and see what they say. Based on the directions, the expectation is that you use the Ditto app on the sender to the screen data to the Ditto app on the receivers. Not sure who the app would behave if the AirPlay was already in effect.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.