Call Blocking for iPhone 8+

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
Recently installed NOMOROBO on my landline (actually VOIP). Any suggestions on what program I can use on my iPhone?

Pete

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The App Store has some good suggestions. I personally use "HiYa" which is free. You could also keep your iPhone on "Do Not Disturb" which only allows calls from those folks and numbers that are in your Contacts App. I use both methods and am almost never bothered by robo or spam calls.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have Hiya, but just noticed it's not turned on in Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification.

That's right. You do need to turn it on after installing. Also, I noticed that after each update to iOS it's best to check to make sure that your call blocker and spam blocker remains on.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
Thanks guys. I'll try HiYa. Also saw a 2012 post where a guy created a contact (i used BLACKLIST) that has no ringtone (had to buy that from iTunes and added all his robocalls to that contact. I think that way the number is not blocked, but it
does not ring. Of course you need to add each number to the list. Yesterday I started receiving various numbers starting with a Manhattan area code but actually coming from Morocco!! Blocked most, but added one to BLACKLIST after I created that contact . Pete

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.