Built-in Camera LED Light

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 1GB RAM 80 GB Combo Drive
There are two little dots on each side of the built-in camera that light up when you are taking pictures in Photo Booth. I just got this computer Tuesday and I noticed that one of the lights doesn't light up anymore but it did when I first got it. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Will I have to have it fixed at the Apple store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
are you sure? i think one of them is a mic. I could be wrong though, but im pretty sure its a mic.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
There are two little dots on each side of the built-in camera that light up when you are taking pictures in Photo Booth. I just got this computer Tuesday and I noticed that one of the lights doesn't light up anymore but it did when I first got it. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? Will I have to have it fixed at the Apple store?

Only one lights up. The right one should light up green when the camera is in use. The left side one doesn't light up because it's a microphone. It isn't supposed to light up.

OP
Amanda
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 1GB RAM 80 GB Combo Drive
I'm losing my mind, haha. Thanks guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.